What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grandad99

Grandad99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I am in the other computer camp which my wife has found too difficult to understand, even though her only interest is surfing the net and e-mailing her friends. Following numerous friends recommendations she now has an iPad4 which I am trying to help her with.

Previously she had used my Outlook Express e-mail address so for the iPad has used Apple's icloud.com My first request for help is about this.

I have an address book of around 1500 names and not one is icloud.com. I presume that this is because by the time someone has access to an icloud.com address they already have another one and so carry on using that.

A couple of test e-mails from the supplying shop and our grandson to the icloud.com address got through but since then we know of at least 4 that haven't. These are from 3 different friends.

Her outgoing messages do seem to be getting through OK.

Can anyone offer suggestions of the cause and possible cure?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you go to the Junk mail folder and look there. If the email addresses are being junked, add those members to the Contacts app. If like some of my friends and relative your senders are using blank or questionable subject lines (or accidentally including spammy keywords) the junk mail filter may be grabbing them. Email addresses in the Contacts app are never filtered.

If you can export her current address book as a vCard (.vcf) file, you can email that to the iPad. When it arrives in Mail, tap and hold for an option to import the addresses.

Don't forget that you can also manage email, contacts, calendars, reminders, and notes in a computer web browser at icloud.com. This may be easier for initial setup and organizing.

OP
G

Grandad99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet. The non-arrivals are all from names in her contacts list.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet. The non-arrivals are all from names in her contacts list.

And their correct email addresses are in the contact?

Than I'm not sure what is happening. iCloud email has always been reasonably reliable for me.

Check icloud.com in a computer browser and see if the emails are there. That will help determine if it's iCloud mail itself at fault, or a problem between iCloud and the iPad.

Some servers filter out excessively large email attachments, so if a lot of big pictures were sent, maybe, but that seems unlikely?

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts