What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPS Problems

UgashikBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have several apps(LivingEarth, TelNav, Sunrise/Sunset) that all require my location from my GPS unit. ( Verizon/64GB/Ipad 3-New) These apps all worked before but now they say they can not get the location from my device. I am not in Airplane mode, Location Services is on and I have tried the reset location & Privacy several times. Any way I can diagnostically check to see if my GPS is still operable or have I overlooked something?
Thank you for your help

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You didn't say, but the presumption is that your iPad is WIFI/3g and not WIFI only.

What happened after you rebooted?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm....strange indeed. You have an Verzion iPad 3....Have you tried the built in Apple Maps with your Wifi turned off and cellular turned off? If you open it (be sure you are near a window of even outside), press the little arrow in the lower left and corner...if it zooms into your current location, then your GPS is working. With both Wifi and Cellular off, there is no way for this app to get your locations without the GPS working...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC With WiFi and cellular turned off the built in maps under the Productivity icon find my location. Looks like a problem with the apps to me.

Have you tried some different apps? Google Earth, maybe? I don't use any of the ones you listed. You can also get the iPhone version of google maps for more testing.

Also, make sure you have location services set to on for those apps. Look under privacy in settings.

Attachments

• image-3499247869.jpg
    image-3499247869.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
OP
U

UgashikBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have narrowed it down to the Sunrise/Sunset app. In Privacy/Location Services the rest of the apps have the check mark showing that the location has been used but not the Sunrise/Sunset app that used to work. It has a feature where you manually position your location on a map and that works but the auto feature no longer works.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Most reactions