What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPS on iPad 2 wifi - Help please

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i purchased my iPad 2, i didn't opt for the 3G model. Well, now i kinda need it. :rolleyes:

I have an iPhone4. and the GPS works perfectly on it using TomTom.

However, i'm thinking it would be much easier to navigate through the GPS on the iPad's big screen. :D

Any app (on cydia maybe) that could help me with my issue?
I know that it's impossible since the build-in 3G isn't available, of course. but i was thinking maybe an app that helps me use the 3G from my iPhone, to activate my iPad's GPS.

PS:
- something other than the Bluetooth GPS Receiver, since it's really expensive.
- some have suggested using the Personal Hotspot from my iPhone, but that didn't work.
- A 3G iPad Dongle maybe? is there such thing?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have deleted your other two, duplicate, posts. Making duplicate posts will fragment any help that you can get and is also against the forum rules.

Thanks for your understanding.

The Archangel

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your best option is to buy a Bluetooth GPS receiver (like the Dual Electronics XGPS150A, on Amazon for under $100), and then one of the navigation apps that downloads the maps to the iPad (like NavFree or Navigon).

brunodjkj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MNFL said:
When i purchased my iPad 2, i didn't opt for the 3G model. Well, now i kinda need it. :rolleyes:

I have an iPhone4. and the GPS works perfectly on it using TomTom.

However, i'm thinking it would be much easier to navigate through the GPS on the iPad's big screen. :D

Any app (on cydia maybe) that could help me with my issue?
I know that it's impossible since the build-in 3G isn't available, of course. but i was thinking maybe an app that helps me use the 3G from my iPhone, to activate my iPad's GPS.

PS:
- something other than the Bluetooth GPS Receiver, since it's really expensive.
- some have suggested using the Personal Hotspot from my iPhone, but that didn't work.
- A 3G iPad Dongle maybe? is there such thing?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated :)

Do a google search for mifi and read about that, then your best option would be to purchase off eBay and if you are in the uk, you will be able to get a 3 sim card 3gb data the sim will activate once you put it in the mifi unit and will give you 3 month to use that data in cost £13.

The mifi unit will be about £80 depending which you go for, it also has gps built in, IMO that is your best way forward.

giddygail

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tdrew said:
Your best option is to buy a Bluetooth GPS receiver (like the Dual Electronics XGPS150A, on Amazon for under $100), and then one of the navigation apps that downloads the maps to the iPad (like NavFree or Navigon).

Hello

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giddygail said:
Thesis terrible!

Terrible? Why? You can get the app for free, and the Bluetooth GPS unit, in the long run, will probably be cheaper than a data plan.

Most reactions

Latest posts