What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPS App for WiFi iPad?

Rejdrouin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
There are now at least three good solutions for adding gps to the wifi iPad.

GNS 5870 MFI GPS Bt Receiver "WAAS" Enabled - GNS GmBH
Bad Elf GPS Receiver
Dual Electronics XGPS150 Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver

I prefer the XGPS150 to use in the car.

Check those on Amazon for details and let us know your comments.

Kin Lau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Dual xgps150 working with both my wifi-only ipad2 and my wife's iPod touch. No jb required. I'm using Navfree, ndrive, and google maps with it.

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The GNS unit is great. Jail broken or not on iPad I like it because you can place it with best sky view away from iPad in boat plane or car

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Davefewox said:
The GNS unit is great. Jail broken or not on iPad I like it because you can place it with best sky view away from iPad in boat plane or car

I've been trying to figure out if it is WAAS enabled seems so from the accuracy as compared to my boats 12 channel WAAS garmin thet read within 1/100 of nm together

1976Hoosiers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not true. Navigon is not looking for any GPS hardware before installing. Neither is MotionX GPS... I have it installed on my wifi only iPad right now.

In the case of MotionX Drive HD the only reason it won't install is because it was flagged as needing an iPad 3G when submitted to the app store. It is not the app that is preventing it from installing, it is the app store. Indeed it will install and run on a WiFi iPad because I have tried it--but you can't go through iTunes.

Michael

So is there any other way to install this with iPad Wi-Fi only verision? If it is jailbroken is there a way?

Cheers,

Rabah

Most reactions

Latest posts