Got my soft gel case from CIMO!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Max, Apr 7, 2010.

1. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Micro, where can I get that wallpaper your rocking?

2. Caps

Caps
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone have the ipad dock? And if so does it actually fit?

3. Ghuda

Ghuda
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I am wondering if anyone is willing to "modify" the case to make it fit into the keyboard dock. (Of course I mean razor blade it)

I wrote to Cimo and gave them a suggestion to do this, but they said they discussed it and did not think it was a good idea based on the fact of so many different docks would be coming out.

I agree somewhat, and they replied really fast to my e-mail which was cool, but I still think that the predominant keyboard dock will be the Apple one for quite some time, and would think someone could come up with something that would improve the grip/protect the IPad, and fit in the keyboard dock.

4. MicroByte

MicroByte
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    It's actually an image formatted for the iPhone! I'm actually on my iPod touch right now so will post it later on tonight when I get on the desktop.

*EDIT*

Here is the link to the Wallpaper. It's small, but trust me, it looks good on the iPad!

[​IMG]

#24 MicroByte, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  5. rayson00

rayson00
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Just got my Gell case too

I agree the case looks great! Though is anyone else having issues plugging in the charger? I have to open the case a little and push really hard to get it to fit through the hole in the case.

Also, how are yall accessing the 'Rotation Lock" switch? I have to lift the case off to reach that switch. And with kids, I use that switch often.

6. Indyrobb

Indyrobb
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I received my case today and while I like the looks and feel of it, getting access to the buttons is enough for me to not use it. :( I can't get to the screen lock, and trying to use the headphones was a bit of a challenge - really had to push hard to get it to make a connection. I also couldn't the charger to push in.

I guess I'll wait a few more weeks before trying to find another case. At least it was an inexpensive lesson to learn.

#26 Indyrobb, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  7. iamfudge

iamfudge
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ya, I cannot plug mine in with the case on either, or headphones. $15 mistake I guess. My sis bought the incase one from apple, and it is a bit bulkier, but holes are cut perfect. I should have returned it when I had the chance.

8. MicroByte

MicroByte
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I had the same issues with the Rotation lock and the charger adapter port. I ended up using an exacto knife to cut about 1/4 inch away from each to widen them. This worked fine on the rotation lock, but I still had issues plugging in the charger cable.

In the end, I didn't want to deal with these nuances and it really didn't look as nice given the aesthetics of the iPad itself, so I ended up biting the bullet and getting the Belkin Grip VUE clear case from my Apple Store.

Wow, what a difference! The case actually fits perfectly and the lines on face are actually semetrical (I noticed the Cimo case arched out towards the center and was uneven). All of the ports are accessable including the rotation lock and it actually feels "grippier" than the Cimo case. It was expensive ($49.95), but I am really happy with it!

9. 604toaster

604toaster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just got this case and put it on. Looks nice but there are some huge negatives.
    The rotation lock cutout is too small and will not allow access to the rotation lock key.
    The charging port cutout is also too small. If I had a chance to buy again, I wouldn't buy this case. The only reason I choose cimo was because they are a sponsor on this site but this is a poor quality product.

10. Franknewbridge

Franknewbridge
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Tips for putting a screen protector on the iPad :
    Have friend help you... Alone it is just luck if it goes on straight
    Start with the long edge, peel back about an inch all along the edge and fold it under
    Get one corner on there and then with your friend holding down that corner with one finger and three other hands you should be able to get the whole edge aligned
    Here is the key; using a credit card, slowly work it toward the other side pushing the bubbles out with the edge of the credit card... Pulling the backing as you go
    Took me about three goes before I finally had to admit this is a two person job
    Good luck!