1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Got my slickwrap

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by debbied88, Jul 8, 2011.

1. debbied88

debbied88 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I received my slickwrap yesterday and immediately put it on my ipad. The mahogony really makes the ipad look classy. It was easy to apply and looks sharp. Thanks Slickwrap!!
    I will have pictures later.
    Debbie
  2. debbied88

debbied88 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Slickwrap photos

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

I am showing what is in the package, the front of the ipad, the back, and the slickwrap compared to real mahogony. Thank you Slickwrap.
    Debbie
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,733 / 0
    Wow. Very nice! Very true to the actual wood, also.

Almost tempted to get one for myself...

Marilyn
  4. markbnh1

markbnh1 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I did not get a free wrap but paid for the black patent leather. The first one they sent me was a mistake and used an older form of adhesive. Before I even received it they offered to express mail me the newer model with the better adhesive. As predicted, the edges of the first one did not hold that well. Before applying the 2nd leather wrap, I was careful to pre-bend the edges into the shape of the IPad2 before removing the paper backing on the adhesive side. This really seemed to help the new cover take it's proper shape. I also was careful to clean the Ipad with a light alcohol wipe to remove any finger residue. Wow....the newer cover is bonded on very tightly.

This cover looks and feels amazing! I didn't even order the front wrap but they sent me one with the replacement. If you like the look and feel of real leather rather than plastic, this is the cover for you. It's also thin, light, and doesn't feel like it interferes with the thinness of the Ipad2. Oh, and the smart covers works amazingly well with the Slickwrap. I was afraid that the front wrap around the edges would interfere with the smart cover but it does NOT at all.

I had a Belkin snap shield and one of the corners cracked and snapped off after 2 weeks. The Slickwrap doesn't fully cover the corners but it's a far superior product in my opinion. Even if I didn't get it free, it is worth what I paid for it. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  5. Beelzebub

Beelzebub iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow that looks really nice.. I kind of regret buying the otter box for the ipad2 lol... It adds so much weight! :(
  6. Heaviside

Heaviside iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Kinda' looks like contact paper to me. Am I mistaken? How about explaining how you apply it? athanks.