What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my first iPad today

Shade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today, I bought my very first iPad at Best Buy (1st gen) and I can honestly tell you that I love love love it! I don't understand why everyone wants the newest and greatest IPad (I was one of them).

After a week of scouraging stores to find the newest model I decided to just come down and buy the 1st gen. Maybe because they have the offset of wanting what's the newest or because they simply can, I love my iPad. It's a great device for an apple starter Like myself. I don't need a camera or a fast processor so don't think I'll worry about getting the second one anytime soon.

Plus the first gens are cheaper (what's to go wrong!?)

Lol, /rant

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats buddy! The fun has only just begun. Wait until u start installing some good apps then it's gonna come Alive! Did it come with iOS 4.3 preinstalled or an older version? When u ready to jail brake n really see what ur iPad can do, holla @ me. Lol or if u need some other tips or tricks. Definitely look threw the threads cuz there are unless possibilities of what ur device can do. Have fun!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey, congratulations! You're going to love it even more with time - mine hasn't been farther than 10 feet away in almost a year.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

You made a great decision - I have an iPad1 and it's --- awesome----

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

ricksipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also just got an iPad 1st gen. In fact, I bought a 16gb wifi only model from walmart - only place I could find one. Brought it back today. Don't know how many people have heard, but AT&T is discounting all their 3G 1st gen iPads. Got one there for only $30 more than I had paid for the wifi only model. No brainer decision.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ricksipad said:
I also just got an iPad 1st gen. In fact, I bought a 16gb wifi only model from walmart - only place I could find one. Brought it back today. Don't know how many people have heard, but AT&T is discounting all their 3G 1st gen iPads. Got one there for only $30 more than I had paid for the wifi only model. No brainer decision.

I had to hunt in downtown to get my copy of Gran Turismo 5.

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

You made a great decision - I have an iPad1 and it's --- awesome----

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you donÂ’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

ItÂ’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Say, Tim-
I tried the link for the ipad1 manual and got "File not found."

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll love it! I just got the iPad almost 4 months ago. Not updgrading as I am thrilled with my "1". It is a great device and you will love it. And man, they sure are being offered at awesome prices now. And they run smoothly and fabulous. ENJOY!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Say, Tim-
I tried the link for the ipad1 manual and got "File not found."

you can also get a copy in ibook app store for free, or scroll down the bookmark on safari. ipad already bookmark it for us. :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations. Great decision. I recently sold ipad 1 not because I did not want it only because I always upgrade Apple products like the ipad as it is my main computer (replaces my laptop day to day) in house and what is amazing they hold resale value. Cost of ownership is low it is an awesome fun device so enjoy

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:
you can also get a copy in ibook app store for free, or scroll down the bookmark on safari. ipad already bookmark it for us. :)

Thank you.

Skeets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats - I got my first yesterday also. What an awesome little device. Sure am glad I didn't wait for iPad2. Have fun! I sure am :)

Most reactions

Latest posts