Got my first iPad today

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Shade, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Shade

Shade iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Today, I bought my very first iPad at Best Buy (1st gen) and I can honestly tell you that I love love love it! I don't understand why everyone wants the newest and greatest IPad (I was one of them).

After a week of scouraging stores to find the newest model I decided to just come down and buy the 1st gen. Maybe because they have the offset of wanting what's the newest or because they simply can, I love my iPad. It's a great device for an apple starter Like myself. I don't need a camera or a fast processor so don't think I'll worry about getting the second one anytime soon.

Plus the first gens are cheaper (what's to go wrong!?)

Lol, /rant
  2. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Congrats buddy! The fun has only just begun. Wait until u start installing some good apps then it's gonna come Alive! Did it come with iOS 4.3 preinstalled or an older version? When u ready to jail brake n really see what ur iPad can do, holla @ me. Lol or if u need some other tips or tricks. Definitely look threw the threads cuz there are unless possibilities of what ur device can do. Have fun!
  3. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Hey, congratulations! You're going to love it even more with time - mine hasn't been farther than 10 feet away in almost a year.
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

You made a great decision - I have an iPad1 and it's --- awesome----

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

It’s free too.

Tim
    Scotland
  5. ricksipad

ricksipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also just got an iPad 1st gen. In fact, I bought a 16gb wifi only model from walmart - only place I could find one. Brought it back today. Don't know how many people have heard, but AT&T is discounting all their 3G 1st gen iPads. Got one there for only $30 more than I had paid for the wifi only model. No brainer decision.
  6. biobunny

biobunny iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Welcome to the iPad forums, iPad fan!!!
  7. biobunny

biobunny iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I had to hunt in downtown to get my copy of Gran Turismo 5.
  8. saguaro

saguaro iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Say, Tim-
    I tried the link for the ipad1 manual and got "File not found."
  9. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You'll love it! I just got the iPad almost 4 months ago. Not updgrading as I am thrilled with my "1". It is a great device and you will love it. And man, they sure are being offered at awesome prices now. And they run smoothly and fabulous. ENJOY!
  10. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    you can also get a copy in ibook app store for free, or scroll down the bookmark on safari. ipad already bookmark it for us. :)
  11. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +466 / 0
    Congratulations. Great decision. I recently sold ipad 1 not because I did not want it only because I always upgrade Apple products like the ipad as it is my main computer (replaces my laptop day to day) in house and what is amazing they hold resale value. Cost of ownership is low it is an awesome fun device so enjoy
  12. saguaro

saguaro iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you.
  13. iChuckNorris

iChuckNorris iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats! You'll find new ways to use it everyday :)
  14. iluvmyipad

iluvmyipad iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Enjoy. I have the original iPad too, love it!!
  15. Skeets

Skeets iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats - I got my first yesterday also. What an awesome little device. Sure am glad I didn't wait for iPad2. Have fun! I sure am :)
  16. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Today I played with the iPad 2 on display for a good 10 or so minutes. Definitely a sweet device, but I feel perfectly happy with my 1. I would have had to have both side by side switching back and forth to really notice a practical day to day difference. I couldn't discern enough of one in terms of my particular use. I surfed and it went faster but I wasn't seeing leaps and bounds faster, as in it's snappy and fast, but so is my 1. The 1 is plenty enough so that if I were getting for the first time now, I'd go for a 1 with more storage. But as it is, my 16GB is hardly filled up yet even though I have tons of apps, a bunch of books, some songs, and photos, so what the heck, still good where I'm at.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  17. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Terra browser app (free) is about 3 times faster loading than Safari on mine so I'm plenty happy with the speed of my iPad1 browser .
    That being written,since having mine a couple of weeks I barely use the browser because other than searches I use apps for 99.9% of my online.
    Tapatalk forum app( my most used app) is an example of how 1 app can tie all your forums into 1 app vs a bunch of bookmarks. Redbox website is slower than dial up to load but their app is super fast and easy to use is another example.
    Walgreens is another one I use often and is much faster than the website to use. I also use Friendly instead of the Facebook site. Though I come from Android and use apps 99.9% of the time the concept is the same, just more apps to choose from.
    Congrats on your iPad. 1 or 2 , imo, is a good choice!

Support Our Troops!
    This post was Tapatalk approved
    Sent from my iPad
  18. zorah

zorah iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Back home from testing out the iPad 2 as per my post above, and now that I'm on my own 1 again, I can't discern under my own day to day use any faster browsing in the 2. I guess I just half thought the thing would lift off or something in BB where I was. But funny, now that I'm home, indeed, I barely see any difference that matters in terms of web browsing, at least for me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF