What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got a Verizon ipad 2 64gb 3g but...

alerap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a Verizon ipad 2 64gb 3g but im moving outside the country...and it has no sim slot where to change cards....any idea on how may i prevent my 3G become useless? There is no Verizon where im going...
Thanks a lot.

Mbspears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should be on the top left of the device right around the side/back. You need to posit out using a pin in the hole.

OP
A

alerap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mbspears said:
It should be on the top left of the device right around the side/back. You need to posit out using a pin in the hole.

No, as i mentioned before, Verizon's ipad 2 3g has no sim card slot, so i cant access, easily at least, to any sim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
CDMA isn't widely available outside the US. The other place it is used extensively is Japan I think. I'm afraid you are out of luck if you want to use your device on anything but wifi when abroad :(
The GSM device is the right choice for Americans that want to travel abroad and use 3G.

Last edited:

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alerap said:
Got a Verizon ipad 2 64gb 3g but im moving outside the country...and it has no sim slot where to change cards....any idea on how may i prevent my 3G become useless? There is no Verizon where im going...
Thanks a lot.

You can use iBluever or iTeather app from cydia, if you're jailbroken of cause, to use your GSM cell phone or communicator - I do use it when abroad even on AT&T iPad 3G in order to bye only one local SIM for both calls and data.

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an android cell phone that is rooted with the free Wireless Tether app (on the phone) to get on the internet with my WiFI only iPad. That kind of solution should work fine overseas as long as the phone can be rooted/jailbroken and is GSM.

Most reactions

Latest posts