1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Gorilla Glass

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Seadog, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    An article I saw yesterday, was about a product that Corning developed back in the early 60s. A very thin glass that was tough, and scratch proof, it had sat for decades waiting for an application. Now, a lot of the LCD manufacturers are starting to order it for big screen TVs to reduce the weight and thickness of their products. It is also reported being used in touch screen applications. Corning would confirm or deny if it was being used in the iPad or iPhone. There is also a glass available that is flexible and thin as a sheet of paper.
  2. pallentx

pallentx iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    My old Compaq TC1000 tablet PC used "tempered glass". I carried that thing with me everywhere for 3-4 yrs or so, my kids knocked it off the bed and a few other mishaps, and it only has one small scratch on it. Some of the plastic housing around it cracked, but the glass is still in great shape.
  3. Tenroe

Tenroe iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't know if Gorilla glass is in the iPad but it's in use on my ZUNE HD and I give that thing a beating everyday pretty much and still zero scratches after a good 6-7months with the device!. Gorilla glass FOR THE WIN!