What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google

Larryfgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a search or find command on google or web pages with the IPad? Looking for something like the control F on a PC

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what u exactly mean, safari has search box that shows google results. Another good ipad browser that does this is Atomic web browser or Fullbrowser.
The ipad google app might help ya also.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a search or find command on google or web pages with the IPad?

'Settings', 'Safari', 'Search Engines', 'General' and then choose the search engine of your choice....

Probably I misunderstood your query, so please forgive if that's the case...

Hope to hear from you soon...

Tim
Scotland...still sunny, what's going on???

OP
Larryfgraver

Larryfgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aim able to use the google search to if anything I want, after I find an articial and let's say it is a few pages long and I am looking for a particular word or person in that article, with a PC I could use a control F to turn on a find in articial and it would return with a highlighted section with that name. Is there a way to have the IPad do the same thing?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When in Safari and with an article open, select the search window (upper RH corner, next to the URL box).

Type in something you want to find. At the bottom of the drop-down, you'll see a greyed line with the wording "On This Page (# matches). Below that will be a line with "Find 'your search term.'" Press that Find line...

Safari will go to the first term and highlight it in yellow. At the bottom of Safari/the iPad will be a search bar, complete with a "Next" button to find the next iteration, a text box to enter in different terms and a "Done" button.

I don't know of anything to search pages that aren't already loaded. Either you make the article one page or just re-run the search when you've gone to the second and subsequent pages.

Hope that's what you're looking for. If so, yay! If not, sorry I can't help.

Marilyn

OP
Larryfgraver

Larryfgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great that does help in Saf. Browser now I also use a google app is there a way to do the same thing within the app?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I can tell ... though you can select to open the article in Safari. Then, you can search.

Guess the Google app's browser's not that advanced...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts