What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google redirect to yahoo virus

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have a DNS problem. Call your ISP and ask for the correct settings and where to enter them. And then I would find a really good Virus scanner and Firewall.

IT_Chick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I had/have the same problem and have been able to resolve it on our pc's but not on any of our apple products.

After spending two hours with my ISP's tech support (which I happen to also be a tech support person) I finally was transferred to someone with a clue. I provided the two DNS IP addresses that were being assigned to my account and tons more information. The person with a clue gave me an additional DNS IP address and I entered that into my IP v4 properties on all of the pc's in the house. WOO HOO! Problem solved ... except on all of our i devices.

I'm about to dig into my iPad settings to see where I can change the IP v4 properties and set the static DNS IP addresses.

I hope this helps anyone else who is incredibly frustrated with this problem :)

Kowti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my iPad. The problem is intermittent. It usually happens in the evening and by the next day Google search works like it is supposed to. I wonder if the problem is really with my linksys router. I am going to change the DNS settings and see if that helps.

Last edited:

Around.Back

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem as described here and it is driving me crazy. It is sporadic, which means it happens to one's wife but not the husband, making him absolutely inept because he cannot fix it. What I have seen is that
1) when a search term is submitted thru the Google toolbar, it is redirected to Yahoo where it initiates an error #404 saying that the /search server cannot be found. However,
2) other times a search for items in WalMart is completed, a page is built and returned but none of the links on the page work. They're there, they just don't start any activity in the browser window when pressed.

These may be independent problems or they may be related - I don't know because I don't use the device enough to get a feeling for the answer to that. However, any help from the community will be appreciated. I should also tell you that I am at version 4.3.5 of firmware and intend to upgrade to the latest release as soon as I post this to remove that as a possible issue.

glor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a problem. From what I've read, it is the YQL Console Virus, which redirects to a Yahoo Developer Network site whenever I try to get to a google page or try to do a google search. This happens on my PC, MiniMac, Mac Laptop, iPad, all iPhones in the household. At first it was sporadic and not on all devices. When first happened, I restarted all equipment. Restarting the router stopped it for a short while. It is now very pesistent, restarting the router only stops it for one or two searches. Since it is in all devices, I believe the fault may lie in my provider (Time Warner). So I will contact them. I have not gone offsite The questions I have if anyone is knowledgable about this is: is there damage being done to my devices and how can I tell? How do I clean out anything that may have happened. I am fairly fastidious on how and what gets on my devices, I think. How could this happen?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the only thing I can address is your iDevices - they are not infected with anything, as there are no viruses that affect an iOS device.

The most you might want to do (on the iDevices) is to Go into your Safari settings (in the Settings app) and clear cookies and data and clear history. You might want to turn private browsing or turn on block pop ups as well.

Hopefully, your provider will help with the others.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts