What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Maps

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea when an iPad version of the new Google Map app will be available? I know the one for the iPhone works on the iPad, but it is certainly not optimized for it.
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kspector said:
Anyone have any idea when an iPad version of the new Google Map app will be available? I know the one for the iPhone works on the iPad, but it is certainly not optimized for it.
Thanks

Once the app is submitted to Apple for approval, only Apple knows how long the approval process will take. If the app hasn't been submitted to Apple yet, only Google knows when it will be.

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once the app is submitted to Apple for approval, only Apple knows how long the approval process will take. If the app hasn't been submitted to Apple yet, only Google knows when it will be.

I just downloaded the iPhone Google Maps and it works great on my iPad.

Last edited:

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kspector said:
Thanks

It took a few months after google released the YouTube app for the iPhone for the iPad version came out. There may be a similar timeframe for maps

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took a few months after google released the YouTube app for the iPhone for the iPad version came out. There may be a similar timeframe for maps

I will post it again the Apple store has the Google Map App. for the iPhone it's the same one for the iPads. I installed it on both an iPad2 and IPad4, both work great. So just download the Google Map App. for the iPhone from the Apple store and install on your iPad2. Happy Google Mapping.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
runningbear29 said:
I will post it again the Apple store has the Google Map App. for the iPhone it's the same one for the iPads. I installed it on both an iPad2 and IPad4, both work great. So just download the Google Map App. for the iPhone from the Apple store and install on your iPad2. Happy Google Mapping.

We understand you can use iPhone apps on iPads, I personally bought the iPad for the more enhanced UI for all the apps. If they don't have an iPad version, then I can do without it for a while. I honestly love the apple maps. While actual named places may not be accurate, the addresses themselves are more accurate then my cars GPS which is perfect for my delivery job.

Pertaining to his question, he was asking when the iPad version would be out, not necessarily how to install google maps on the iPad =P

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQUOTE=Sonicrobby;763963]We understand you can use iPhone apps on iPads, I personally bought the iPad for the more enhanced UI for all the apps. If they don't have an iPad version, then I can do without it for a while. I honestly love the apple maps. While actual named places may not be accurate, the addresses themselves are more accurate then my cars GPS which is perfect for my delivery job.

Pertaining to his question, he was asking when the iPad version would be out, not necessarily how to install google maps on the iPad =P[/QUOTE]

And I answered the question it's the same sweet little Apple Map App. used on iPhone or iPads. If Apple up dates it later it will still be the same little sweet Apple Map App. just updated. and I did not post how to install anything, read my post again.

Most reactions

Latest posts