What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Launches Revised Gmail App for iOS

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
10046-gmail-2-0.JPG

Google has launched a new version of its popular Gmail iOS app, and announced it in a post on the Official Gmail Blog, explaining that it has taken the team six months to “completely rebuild†the iOS app, with the aim of making it “faster, sleeker, and easier†to use. Google is calling the app “version 2.0â€, and says that it has completely new look and feel, as well as various other improvements, including profile pictures in messages, lots of new animations, including swivels and transitions, plus infinite scrolling in the messages list. Google says that there are also a lot of new time-saving features in the app, including autocomplete predictions appearing as you type when you search. You can also now use the app to RSVP to Google Calendar invites, and +1 and comment on Google+ posts without leaving the app. One other feature introduced in Gmail 2.0 that is bound to be very popular is support for multiple accounts, with the user now being able to login to up to five Google Accounts via the menu, and quickly and easily switch between them. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Click here to download the free app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/gmail/id422689480?mt=8[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Official Gmail Blog, via Mashable

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's nice, fast and I love that we can now add multiple accounts.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Maura it is much better than the native app. Anyone know if the native app can be replaced by this new version on an iPad 2?

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
However I have just discovered a small glitch. The new app does not use your signature at the end of sent mail. The help pages claim it does not get added until you send, but I sent a test mail to myself and it had no signature. I have given Google the feedback.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

Most reactions

Latest posts