What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Launches Mobile App For iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
google-mobile.JPG

The Official Google Mobile Blog has just announced that the Google Mobile App for iPad has been released to the App Store. The blog refers to the new version of the app as “iPad-friendlyâ€, saying that it has been specifically designed to fit the iPad’s screen. According to the blog, the usual Google Mobile App for iPhone features, such as search by voice and My Location, should now work just as well on the iPad as they do on the iPhone. The iPad version of the app is basically the same as the iPhone app, but Google says it’s currently developing the app so that it can take advantage of more of the iPad’s features in future, so we can expect more Google Mobile iPad app updates further down the line. To download the free Google Mobile App to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch (OS 3.0 or higher), simply search for “Google Mobile App†in the App Store, or go to:
iTunes Store.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
[Source: http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/]

MattChance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
SwagBucks.com
I had the iPhone version and was using it. It updated yesterday when I turned on my pad... is that the same thing you're talking about?

If so, I don't care for it. It's a freaking app full of links to Google, and that's what you call a waste of space. It does absolutely nothing.

emilyjane918

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you thought taking a look around the world was fun on the iPhone? Think about messing with spinning the globe and taking a closer look into New Zealand or Italy with a larger screen? Google Earth for the iPad will let you explore the world with more ease.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still pretty useless collection of google app bookmarks...I already have them on my home screen.

The voice search is pretty cool tho...but I'm hoping in the new iPad OS they add in the Apple voice search that the iPhone has.

Most reactions

Latest posts