What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Launches Instant Search for iPad/iPhone

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_HxR5QFn8[/ame]​

Google has today launched its new Instant Search engine on iPad and iPhone, which is designed to speed up your search by displaying actual search results as you type, rather than just predictions. This already works well on the desktop browser, and as the Google Blog points out, it’s even more useful on a mobile device where you have even less time to work with.

The current version of Google Instant for mobile is a beta version that Google has made available to iOS devices in the U.S. To try it, go to google.com on your iPad/iPhone browser and activate the Google Instant “Turn On†link underneath the search box.

As with the desktop version of Google Instant, you’ll find that when you enter a word in the search box on your iPad, predictions of what you might be searching for will appear. Results for the first prediction will appear automatically, and you simply have to tap on the other predictions underneath to display their results. Pressing either the enter key or the search button will bypass the predictions and display results for your exact search.

Source: Google Blog

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iOS 4.2GM and it doesn't work there either, even after I signed into my Google account.

Most reactions

Latest posts