What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google goggles

mickeymost1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello ,is there anyone that can tell me if I can get and use google goggles on my I pad2 also is it free to use and download and how do I use it. Thanks very much

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Google Search app (free at the App Store) has Google Goggles in it, and it works on the iPhone. I only have an iPad1, so I am unsure if it works on the iPad2.

Have you downloaded it and see if it works? Wouldn't hurt to try, seeing as how it's free...

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Google app does include Google Goggles, but you won't find it under the Apps button at the bottom. Instead, on the search screen there is camera icon. You tap that to go to camera mode, where you can take a picture and see the colorful squares scan your picture.

The Google app is universal and works fine on the iPad 2; however the camera is not as good, so don't expect the results to be as reliable. Though in my three tests (2 DVD covers and a jar of JIF peanut butter) both devices worked fine. I did have to log in with my Google account on the iPad before it would give me results. There was a button provided at the bottom of the camera page warning me, and providing a quick way to log in.

In my experience most of the UPC and other scanning software works fine on the iPad 2, though if it is not universal you have to put up withe small or 2x pixel view. The camera typically requires a bit more care to position and focus. It is more sensitive to bad light, and of course more awkward to position correctly.

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try the google app which includes google goggles and voice search...amazing stuff I have to say...the browser is as close to chrome as we can get on an I pad. If it were not for safari being this good that would be my default browser

Most reactions

Latest posts