What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google earth problem on my I pad2

mickeymost1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please could someone tell me if I can zoom in on objects in google earth, my lap top let's me zoom up close using a yellow icon of a man, but I cannot see the icon or zoom in close using my ipad2 WHY NOT I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE LATEST GOOGLE EARTH VERSION.

THANKS

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To zoom in Google Earth on the iPad, place two fingers on the screen then move them closer or further apart. This is the standard zoom gesture in any app that can zoom and is usually referred to as pinch to zoom. You can also change the orientation of the map by rotating the fingers.

Double tapping will also zoom in and center where you tap.

Edit: Cool, I was playing around and discovered that double tapping with two fingers zooms back out.

OP
M

mickeymost1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much, for your very quick response it was fab, however could you please tell me if I can use street view on my I pad2, or do you know if it is going to become available soon. Thanks again

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
mickeymost1 said:
Thank you very much, for your very quick response it was fab, however could you please tell me if I can use street view on my I pad2, or do you know if it is going to become available soon. Thanks again

Seems to me I could do it on the stock Maps app at one time, but if it is still there darned if I can figure out how I did it. Other than that I have no idea if, how, or when.

OP
M

mickeymost1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply, perhaps it can be done yet on the I pad 2, it's a shame I hope in the future it can be done.

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
StreetView on iPads is incorporated in the Maps icon application, not in Google Earth. Touch a street for a few moments and a pin will drop down on the location. Touch the pin briefly, and a banner will display. You will find the StreetView man icon on the left side of this banner. Touch the man to zoom into StreetView. When done exploring, tap anywhere near the top to find the Done button. Hope this helps!

-stevnim

OP
M

mickeymost1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fantastic, thanks very much for your brilliant reply, it really helped me and was very easy to find and use

iPhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there absolutely no way that I can download and install Google Earth on my Ipad 2? All other google apps are downloadable. BTW I live in South Africa.

OP
M

mickeymost1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhil said:
Is there absolutely no way that I can download and install Google Earth on my Ipad 2? All other google apps are downloadable. BTW I live in South Africa.

Hi go to the apps store type in google earth which should appear in seconds then press download, it should do that in seconds then you can just click on it and see anything in google earth. Hope this helps you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the Google Earth app is not available in your country's App Store, the only way to get it would be to have an account in another country that does. It is possible to create an account in another country, and there are even posts on the subject, but unfortunately I don't have any links handy. Try a search, or perhaps someone who had the link will wander by.

Most reactions

Latest posts