What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google chromedast

Haggers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all
My first ever posting. I had chromedasthi successfully installed on my ipad2 and was using it with no problems.
Recently I have hadthe following problem.
I can see the app on my iPad main screen when I look on the settings page it's not there but all my other apps are.
Help please.
Many thanks ian

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not every app will appear in the Settings app. It's up to the developer whether to put their settings in the app, in Settings, or some combination of both.

That said, most apps do have at least a minimal Settings presence these days. But I do have a few that aren't there.

If you are looking for the app's settings, try poking around in the app itself. A gear icon is a good clue, or sometiems you'll find stuff under the hamburger (triple line) or three dot icons (...). Google's been using the hamburger and triple dot icons a lot in new apps lately. It's part of their initiative to standardize their app interfaces across all platforms. They call it Material Design.

I don't have the Chromecast (that's what you meant, yes?) app myself. So I can't offer better guidance than this.

Good luck.

OP
H

Haggers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not every app will appear in the Settings app. It's up to the developer whether to put their settings in the app, in Settings, or some combination of both.

That said, most apps do have at least a minimal Settings presence these days. But I do have a few that aren't there.

If you are looking for the app's settings, try poking around in the app itself. A gear icon is a good clue, or sometiems you'll find stuff under the hamburger (triple line) or three dot icons (...). Google's been using the hamburger and triple dot icons a lot in new apps lately. It's part of their initiative to standardize their app interfaces across all platforms. They call it Material Design.

I don't have the Chromecast (that's what you meant, yes?) app myself. So I can't offer better guidance than this.

Good luck.

Good luck.

OP
H

Haggers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much I will take a look and let you know how I get on. Having said that I am not very technical, so when things go wrong I am in stuck as they say.
It looks as if I have the icon for the app, but nothing else as when I look into the app it says chrome cast not found. In your opinion is this an apple issue?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is probably a daft question, but to be sure, you do own a Chromecast device and have it connected to a TV?

The app only works with the device, and it's going to have to be connected and powered on before the app can find it.

And that is pretty much all I know about the Chromecast. Sorry.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It looks like the app should load up, then you need to connect to your Chromecast device. So if you're not getting that far, then I would try reinstalling the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts