What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

google chrome browsing history?

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded google chrome on iPad..nits pretty sleek and amazing
but, doesn't it have a place to store my browsing history?
I looked around and couldn't find it. it'd be very weird if it wasn't available

any ideas on this guys?

thanks

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't downloaded it yet, but I read a piece by a more informed member that Chrome on the iPad is just a polished up front end for Safari. That makes me wonder whether Safari and Chrome might share browsing history, cookies etc. You could take. Look in Settings/Chrome (I'm guessing here) and see I there's an option to delete browsing history and cookies/data. If not, it might be handled globally by Safari.

Sorry. That's the best I can manage without having access to the app.

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Haven't downloaded it yet, but I read a piece by a more informed member that Chrome on the iPad is just a polished up front end for Safari. That makes me wonder whether Safari and Chrome might share browsing history, cookies etc. You could take. Look in Settings/Chrome (I'm guessing here) and see I there's an option to delete browsing history and cookies/data. If not, it might be handled globally by Safari.

Sorry. That's the best I can manage without having access to the app.

I found what ur talking about
but that still doesn't allow me to browse a list of the website I've been through (my history) from chrome. major fault they'll have to address i a future update hopefully

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. Found it. Touch the icon top right of the screen, and select bookmarks. In the next screen, at the bottom, select Most Visited and there is your history.

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
OK. Found it. Touch the icon top right of the screen, and select bookmarks. In the next screen, at the bottom, select Most Visited and there is your history.

but.. most visited is most visited :p
say yesterday I visited a new forum, and I forgot the website. I'd need to go through a history list to find it. it won't be in the most visited list.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like you're right. There is no History on Chrome. The Most Visited is the closest thing there is. Oh, well. At least you gave me an excuse to download the thing. Don't like the way the keyboard disappears if a website hasn't quite finished loading.

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Looks like you're right. There is no History on Chrome. The Most Visited is the closest thing there is. Oh, well. At least you gave me an excuse to download the thing. Don't like the way the keyboard disappears if a website hasn't quite finished loading.

oh well it's a new app in the store. hopefully will get some improvements soon

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its pretty bad at present, the sync thing is pretty good but the saved passwords feature doesn't even work :(

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
Its pretty bad at present, the sync thing is pretty good but the saved passwords feature doesn't even work :(

weird. I don't have that problem with the passwords
try reinstalling

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MNFL said:
weird. I don't have that problem with the passwords
try reinstalling

What happens when you sign in? Are the forms autofilled?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MNFL said:

Hmmm, after closer inspection one website I use is storing username and passwords; logmein, all the others I have tried are not. Maybe it's the way the website is coded? Chrome isn't identifying the fields as username and password.

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, after closer inspection one website I use is storing username and passwords; logmein, all the others I have tried are not. Maybe it's the way the website is coded? Chrome isn't identifying the fields as username and password.

download Dolphin Browser
it has browser history so it solved my prob ;) downloads, bookmark sync, and some other nice stuff like gesture navigating; still new to it
but it has high rating on the app store (14k)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MNFL said:
download Dolphin Browser
it has browser history so it solved my prob ;) downloads, bookmark sync, and some other nice stuff like gesture navigating; still new to it
but it has high rating on the app store (14k)

My browser of choice was iCab, so if i was to go back to anything it would be that but thanks for the heads up :)

Fizzaali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for removing the google chrome history, there is an easy way. you must install the software which remove the histrory of not only google chore but also can remove the history of any explorer and also the history of messengers your chart calls history.

Most reactions

Latest posts