What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Android Activations Hit Spectacular 500,000 A Day, Leaving Apple In Dust

Reaction score
Though the fanboy war on both sides was evident in the replies I found it interesting from both perspectives. When 1 side makes more revenue they concentrate on that aspect. When the other side sells more units, the comments reflect that direction but neither side seemed to cover the plain fact that it is the consumer that wins in competition and both sides should hope that there never is a winner in the "war" of which is best and that neither side ever dominates completely.
The phone carrier "war" is an example of hoping neither side gains the total advantage. There are only 3 major carriers left, and I don't see Sprint making it in the end, in the U S and the ultimate loser is the consumer.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

OP
info

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Though the fanboy war on both sides was evident in the replies I found it interesting from both perspectives. When 1 side makes more revenue they concentrate on that aspect. When the other side sells more units, the comments reflect that direction but neither side seemed to cover the plain fact that it is the consumer that wins in competition and both sides should hope that there never is a winner in the "war" of which is best and that neither side ever dominates completely.
The phone carrier "war" is an example of hoping neither side gains the total advantage. There are only 3 major carriers left, and I don't see Sprint making it in the end, in the U S and the ultimate loser is the consumer.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

I too find it fascinating to study each side. A different number every day is another thing we just have to live with; but, Android, albeit fragmented, is evidently still *gaining* in popularity, perhaps as this article implies... dramatically so. Of course, it's not all about the overall number of activations, where a significant number of them are comprised of inexpensive machines with limited capabilities (a segment in which Apple is likely to introduce it's own formidable devices in the not so distant future). Apple is clearly ahead in the quality of it's hardware, the amount and incredibly high quality and cost of the software available for iOS, it's customer loyalty, and what many of us consider to be the overall package/ecosystem that surrounds it's products.

I've read where trying to accommodate the lowest common fragmented denominator generally contributes to buggy devices overall in the Android camp, and possibly to a much less satisfied user base. In general, Apple users seem to be ecstatic, at least I am (lol). Google seems to be well aware of this though and has been addressing this aspect (mentioned at the end of the article). I truly believe that it would be unwise to underestimate them for even a moment. Anyway, Apple is very fortunate to have the competition... it's good for us all. :)

Thanks for your comments and your appreciation and recommendations of Splashtop which helped me get it going remotely, something I had placed on the back burner while I struggled with the port forwarding. That was a big deal for me.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts