What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google and Adobe can't read Pages PDFs

Ligsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to send quotes and invoices i've made up in iPad Pages and sending them to clients only to have them tell me they cant read them?!! They are blank if opened by google docs or if opened with Adobe, the fonts have been changed and layout all over the place!
Anyone else experiencing these problems?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I just created a simple document in pages that had a line of text and a blank table and emailed it to myself as a PDF.

I was able to read it fine on the PC. (my PC is a MAC)

OP
L

Ligsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Mike. I also have no problems if I email it to myself and read the PDFs on my other Mac.
The problem is When the PDF is read on a PC using google docs or adobe. To test this out I created a PDF and emailed it to myself but opened it without using Mail but instead going to Gmail via Safari and opening it online, this then uses Google docs and it's here the problems start.
I've had the supervisers and techies at Apple trying to solve this for me and they have not been able to do so, not only that they can't even tell me whether Apple are even trying to fix it.
I'm amazed that I seem to be the only person out there having this problem.

EPNoble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Font problem?

I've confirmed this partially. When I open the PDF in Gmail on my Vista laptop, the screen is blank. But then I click "Plain HTML" and the text is readable.

If I save the PDF to disk and open in Acrobat Pro, the text is readable but there is an error popup about the embedded font.

HTH

Siriggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to send quotes and invoices i've made up in iPad Pages and sending them to clients only to have them tell me they cant read them?!! They are blank if opened by google docs or if opened with Adobe, the fonts have been changed and layout all over the place!
Anyone else experiencing these problems?[/

I have the same problems did you ever find a solution?

OP
L

Ligsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mikestoolz- Changing all fonts to Ariel?? Why should I have to do that? Apple can't make a device that can send a PDF to all platforms? Seems a basic requirement to me.

Sirriggs- Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. I've had the apple supervisors on the phone many times and they said that not only isn't there a solution to these problems but they can't even tell me if they (the techies) are trying to fix them. I've put my iPad down and picked up my Lap Top again. Tried and tested. It works! My iPad had become a $1000 kids toy........

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad is not a full computer and it's up to you to adapt to it.
Not the other way round.

Use the solution or behave like a spoilt kid.......your choice.

ps If you've spent $1000 you've been ripped off.

OP
L

Ligsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm all up for 'adapting to it' to solve idadiqaencies in the iPad, I have no choice. I need to make it work.
Changing fonts to Ariel doesn't stop the PDFs showing up blank in Google docs though.

It was actually $1049 (australian dollars) Apple's going rate for a 64GB 3G

Most reactions

Latest posts