What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader

hsharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering are there any requirements for the GoodReader password? For example, are there a certain amount of characters that you have to use, are numbers required, are capital letters required? Also, is mandatory to put the initial password? Last quesiton is, does the encryption happen automatically?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. I did not know you could set passwords in Goodreader. In fact, you can set a password for the app overall (when launching from the springboard) and for documents and files within Goodreader. The things you learn here!

Anyway.

I tried out the password feature. I was able to make a password using just the number 1. Then, I made another using a combo of numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters and a special character. All of them worked and all were easy to set up in Goodreader.

This was both for the password you can set for the app overall and for files & folders. Note that they can be different passwords (the app and the folders/files). However, you use the same password for the files & folders - and you don't have to protect all of them, just the ones you wish.

I don't know what you mean by the encryption happening automatically. I know that Goodreader sets it up... You just type in a pop-up box. That what you mean?

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
H

hsharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn! That hleped a lot. So you were able to make a password with just the number 1? so when you signed all you had to type was 1? Just double checking! Thank you again!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, just used this --> 1 <--- as the password. Worked like a charm!

Glad to help. In fact, tickled pink. As I said, never really knew Goodreader used a two-tier password system...

Marilyn

P.S. Where are my manners?! Welcome to the forum! Stick around and enjoy the fellowship. It's a good group here...

Last edited:
OP
H

hsharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
haha thank you :) This might be a silly question but what does two tier password mean?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My made up term.

Stands for the fact that Goodreader can have one password to access the app overall and another password to protect individual files or folders within the app.

Sorry for the confusion. :eek:

Marilyn

OP
H

hsharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you set up the start up password on GoodReader? I am a little confused on where to go. If someone could tell me the steps that would be great! Thank you!

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hsharma said:
How do you set up the start up password on GoodReader? I am a little confused on where to go. If someone could tell me the steps that would be great! Thank you!

Hi there,
Open good reader. Down the bottom there is a gear type icon. Open that and go through you will see the set up password on start up. I think that's what you're looking for.
Hope this helps

staticmap

Most reactions

Latest posts