What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader

atalay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to open an Excel file that is 560KB and I get an error message "Unable to Read Document Out of Memory". My IPAD 2 has 18.8 GB available. What am I doing wrong?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The error message is to do with out-of-RAM not out of Flash. Completely turn the iPad off (Hold down the Power button until the slider control appears, accept the offer to turn off, wait until the screen goes entirely blank, then hold the Power switch until the white Apple logo appears.) Once you're back at the Home screen, try again.

Tim

OP
A

atalay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried it and nothing changed still getting same error.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I am sorry. I will move this to the 'Help' section and hope you get some better advice than mine.....:(

Tim

OP
A

atalay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried goodreader, another free app (can't remember name) to view files and also try opening it from Dropbox and same issue.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Outl4w was wondering whether that Excel file can be viewed in another app. Several apps have the ability to display .xls files and so it would be interesting to know if those apps have the same problem too. By ascertaining that, you might be able to narrow down what the problem is. I'm guessing this file opens just fine in a PC - i.e. it's not corrupted. Might be worth emailing it back to yourself from the iPad and viewing it on a PC, just to be sure...:(

Tim

Vron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. I know I can save excel files on my PC through the drop box, but I want to be able to open excel files attached to emails to view them. Good reader seems to work fine for PDFs but I am unable to open excel, I keep getting an error message saying it is unable to open file. Whilst I can wait to be back at my PC, I want to be able to read these whilst on the road. From looking at web posts I though good reader should be able to do this? am I doing something wrong?

Most reactions

Latest posts