What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader wifi transfer problems

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to transfer a file that was 700mb using the iPad as a network drive, it got to 78mb left and just stayed like it for ages! I gave up!

I then tried to copy a small file and that worked!

So I tried a 170mb file and again it stalled! I ended up using USB transfer and that worked fine!

What's up??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this with a specific file or do all large file transfers fail? I've transferred video files in excess of 1GB without any problem, so I'm wondering if there's something 'special' about that particular file.

Tim

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happened to the 700mb file and a 170mb file, so I don't think so. How long is a transfer?

Do you use wifi or network drive method?

Thanks for getting back to me Tim!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used WiFi to transfer between my PC - a Sony Vaio - and the iPad. Not sure what the issue can be because it clearly can't be an Internet bandwidth or congestion problem. I hope someone else has an idea as I can't think what could cause this.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts