What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader trying to open Nook books

markwett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi eeryone,

Fairly new IPAD user here. I recently downoaded GoodReader to manage files on my IPAD, and it works great. I also have the Nook app as my e-reader. Just tried downoading a book from the BN.com website for the first time since downloading goodreader, and now the epub file is downloading straight into GoodReader instead of into My Nook Library.

GoodReader does not recognize the file extension and I can't get the file to download into nook. If I go to the Nook app, tap and hold on the "download" button, my only option is goodreader.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, you're the first one to run into Apple's "can't buy through your app unless your retailer pays us the 30% vig." Or, at least, the first one to post on it...

So, try this workaround. In Goodreader, select the .epub and, when offered, pick the "TXT Viewer." You'll get an error ("Some files doesn't match specified text...."). Just press OK.

At the lower right of the viewer you are now in, there's an arrow. Press on it and select "Open In..." The Nook app should show up and you can select it to open the book.

Note that I don't have the Nook app on my iPad, but I did get options to open iBooks, Stanza and Overdrive on my non-DRM epub. Don't see why the Nook app won't show.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts