What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

goodreader new folder

isadora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't create a new folder on good reader. I go to Manage Files, click on "New Folder," and a box opens that says "enter new folder name" -- but there is nowhere to enter it. The box says OK or Cancel on the bottom. When I click OK it says Error, incorrect folder name entered. There is just nowhere to enter the new folder name.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. That's weird.

Have you tried to fully close the app, then restart or reset the iPad? To do (apologies if you know):

Fully Close an App: Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons and cards in the multi-tasking viewer. Swipe up on all the cards until they are all gone.

Then...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, wait a bit, then hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, that'll help. If not, c an you post a screenshot of what you see when you go to enter a new folder? Because I tried it and I could not duplicate your issue. I tapped folder and got this popup:

2u5u9egy.jpg

The keyboard came up and it worked right away for me to put in the name...

Marilyn

OP
I

isadora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rebooting did not workimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Can you see these screen shots? I cannot make folders or rename documents. Same message every time, It's like it won't recognize my keyboard. I have a bluetooth keyboard but I tried without it, same result.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Power down the bluetooth keyboard (make sure it is actually off) and give it another try.

You may need to delete and re-install GoodReader. Make sure you've got backups of any files in the app before deleting it. It doesn't look like you've got many, so you could probably just copy them to the iCloud folder first; as long as your iCloud account isn't full. That folder should re-appear when you install GoodReader again, as long as you enable it.

You haven't mentioned jailbreaking, but if you are jailbroken you should check any recent tweaks. I you don't know what jailbreaking is, ignore this part. It doesn't happen by accident.

23cicero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There, Did anyone ever figure out a solution to the "goodreader no new folder problem"? I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster and I have no idea how I can go about creating a new folder. It won't let me name the new folder and without naming it, a new folder can't be created. The exact same difficulty as the original poster.

Any insight or help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm downloading it to check whether the problem occurs with me or not, i'll keep you informed.

Working perfectly for me, as Mickey has shown.

You could try following Twerppoet's excellent advice and see how it works. Please post back!

Welcome to iPF! Enjoy your time here!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just tried it also and the window for creating new folder appears in middle of page. In looking at your screenshots it appears you have the old version of Goodreaders which may be your problem. Go to the app store and check for updates. They came out with one compatible with IOS 7 which looks much different. The older version did not play well with IOS 7.

Last edited:

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If downloading the update did not work, their tech support is great. When I had an issue a couple weeks ago, turned out to be my brain drain issue, they responded promptly and were very friendly. Some apps, even paid as this is, have terrible customer support, but GoodReader seems to have good support.

Most reactions

Latest posts