What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader - Files from More than One Computer via iTunes

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know that I discovered a cool iTunes trick with GoodReader.

I'm like most of you that I have a computer at work and one at home. However, the files that I want to drag into GoodReader aren't all in one place. I sync at home.

However, I discovered that if I connect my iPad to my iTunes at work (don't sync!) than you can still see the Apps section under the iPad and drag files into the GoodReader page under Apps.

For me that is a killer feature - and no syncing needed!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
That is cool! Makes sense, but I just never thought of it... I am enjoying Goodreaders *as well as other apps) internal use of Dropbox to keep my main docs in sync on my desktop, netbook, iPad, and iPhone... Plus using Dropbox you always have an off site back up.....

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm like most of you that I have a computer at work and one at home. However, the files that I want to drag into GoodReader aren't all in one place. I sync at home.

However, I discovered that if I connect my iPad to my iTunes at work (don't sync!) than you can still see the Apps section under the iPad and drag files into the GoodReader page under Apps.

I don't quite get that one since I haven't tried it but my first question is: can you connect your iPad to a second computer? I didn't try because I figured that since you can't do it with an iPod, it would have been the same with an iPad...

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Aslo, with GoodReader you can setup google docs account and upload/download wireless from the ipad or PC and access the files from anywhere.

some goes for dropbox or if you have a mobile me account.

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I don't quite get that one since I haven't tried it but my first question is: can you connect your iPad to a second computer? I didn't try because I figured that since you can't do it with an iPod, it would have been the same with an iPad...

Yes.
You can't sync all your data like you do on your main computer, but for drag-and-drop getting data to and from the iPad using any computer with iTunes, you can!

Most reactions

Latest posts