What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader - deleting unwanted pages in a PDF file.

Archeus999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is this done, anyone?

I have been tapping the screen all evening, and I have Googled. Seems clear you can do it, but how?

OP
A

Archeus999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have absolutely no idea how to delete a page from a PDF file inside GoodReader. The blurb suggests you can do it bit I do not see how.

OP
A

Archeus999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
archeus999 said:
i still have absolutely no idea how to delete a page from a pdf file inside goodreader. The blurb suggests you can do it bit i do not see how.

bump

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Archeus999: Please do not "bump" threads! If members can assist you, they will. If they cannot, they won't (and probably won't post telling you they cannot). In addition, this is an international forum. Many members have probably not even read your first post, they don't need a "bump." Also, bumping is against forum policy, as outlined in the rules (found in my signature).

I, for one, do not think Goodreader can delete pages in a PDF file. I have never known it to be so. Have you written to the developers of Goodreader to ask them about this? I am sure they can answer your question...

Marilyn

OP
A

Archeus999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Archeus999: Please do not "bump" threads! If members can assist you, they will. If they cannot, they won't (and probably won't post telling you they cannot). In addition, this is an international forum. Many members have probably not even read your first post, they don't need a "bump." Also, bumping is against forum policy, as outlined in the rules (found in my signature).

I, for one, do not think Goodreader can delete pages in a PDF file. I have never known it to be so. Have you written to the developers of Goodreader to ask them about this? I am sure they can answer your question...

Marilyn

Thanks for your help. Sorry to offend. Appreciated.

OP
A

Archeus999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Archeus999 said:
Thanks for your help. Sorry to offend. Appreciated.

And to answer my own question- you can't but it will be a future feature of GoodReader.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah. And thanks for that update!

I love Goodreader and it will be very cool when it gets this ability. Now, I can't wait! :D

Marilyn

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to see this feature as well. Many times I've needed it.

OP
A

Archeus999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On mobile, I use an app called PDF Split and Merge; and then use "Open in.." to get the end result back into GoodReader.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With split and merge, it looks like you have to select a range of pages. Can you say, select page 1,3,5,7 (of 1-8) and merge them into Good reader? Looks like you have to select 1,2,3,4 of 1-8 as an example.

DannyGGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And to answer my own question- you can't but it will be a future feature of GoodReader.

Curious how you know this, and how soon in the future? We're already 8 months past your original thread after all.

I too would love this feature, and to rearrange. It'd be super-easy, you'd think. Click for a thumbnail view (like PDFs in iBooks) then tap and drag to rearrange or delete. Did Goodiware say try we're going to add it.

Most reactions

Latest posts