What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader crashes Safari?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do ya suppose that it's just coincidence that Safari started crashing frequently after downloading the Goodreader app? I haven't even used it yet ( to my knowledge ). It seemed to happen the most on CNN.com, or other news type sites.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long has it been since you shut down and restarted your iPad?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go ahead and hold the sleep/lock until the red slider appears then slide off. Then restart that should help alot. Sometimes after weeks of use the ram gets "eaten up" and causes a crash when your using an apps that need that extra bit of ram.

OP
Jeeper

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try it. There's no substitute for experience. I'll have some eventually :)

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I'm fairly new to the iPad but have had an iPhone since the very first one. The $500 one :)! Its amazing how alike they are. Really loving the ipad can't beat the web experience....

OP
Jeeper

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're definitely up on me. I don't even have a cell phone. Never needed one, but the draw of the iPad was just too much to resist. Is there a way to check avail. ram? Or should I just get in the habit of shutting it off? (it takes sooo much longer to push the button, then to just walk away ;)

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as a rule I shut mine off once a week and restart. Or you can just do it if you start an app and it closes....most of the time it's just short on ram. No biggie but after months it will get more apparent you haven't got the available ram you did to begin with.

OP
Jeeper

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, that seemed to do the trick, also doesn't reload entire web pages so frequently, when jumping back and forth. A lot of people out there don't know this.
I suspect manually clearing the cache periodically helps in the same way.
thanks again! talk to ya later

Most reactions

Latest posts