What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader App

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's brilliant :)

What did you want to use it for?

-t

OP
L

lotus_7_s3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking of using it to access and share my files via Dropbox, or some other filesharing site/program. Also, it is supposedly capable of having the IPad read PDFs, txt and other files of that nature. I was hoping it could deal with JPGs, too. Thanks.

foxtail1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it as my primary pdf reader, and it will handle jpegs also. It's easy to use. I usually add documents in iTunes under the Apps tab.

firoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's an excellent App. Its one of those "must have" apps for iOS devices.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you "edit" a PDF in Goodreader? I thought you could, but I haven't been able to do anything but view. I haven't spent time trying to figure it out, though.

If not, what's a good app to "edit" a PDF in? (I know PDF is essentially not editable.) I know TakeNotes lets you write, scribble, etc., on a copy of a PDF, but I am wondering whether there's an app that lets you type atop a PDF copy and then email it. (Like if someone sent you a PDF form and you want to fill out and return.) I don't want to handwrite; I want to type, because my handwriting with a stylus looks like a stroke patient's writing.)

foxtail1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you "edit" a PDF in Goodreader? I thought you could, but I haven't been able to do anything but view. I haven't spent time trying to figure it out, though.

If not, what's a good app to "edit" a PDF in? (I know PDF is essentially not editable.) I know TakeNotes lets you write, scribble, etc., on a copy of a PDF, but I am wondering whether there's an app that lets you type atop a PDF copy and then email it. (Like if someone sent you a PDF form and you want to fill out and return.) I don't want to handwrite; I want to type, because my handwriting with a stylus looks like a stroke patient's writing.)

I just checked, and Goodreader will not let you type on a pdf. It will let you highlight, add notes, underline, strikethrough, etc.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iAnnotate will let you type on a PDF, along with all the rest (highlight, add notes, etc).

Then, when you are done annotating (to include typing), you can either e-mail the document or upload to Dropbox. Also, you can either send it "flattened" (changes are baked in with no more changes possible) or not.

It's a very good app for working with PDFs. Lots of neat stuff it can do (more than I remember or am very familiar with...).

Marilyn

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for checking, Foxtail.

Thanks for the iAnnotate recommendation, Marilyn. I will check it out.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iAnnotate will let you type on a PDF, along with all the rest (highlight, add notes, etc).

Then, when you are done annotating (to include typing), you can either e-mail the document or upload to Dropbox. Also, you can either send it "flattened" (changes are baked in with no more changes possible) or not.

It's a very good app for working with PDFs. Lots of neat stuff it can do (more than I remember or am very familiar with...).

Marilyn

Thanks again, Marilyn. I bought iAnnotate and have filled out and emailed paperwork while waiting for a flight. Excellent.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best and most used app on my iPad is Goodreader. Almost gave up on iPad until I discovered it by chance.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I download a PDF, TXT, DOC, etc. From my PC or DropBox to my IPad using GoodReader?

That'd be a YES.

You can tie Goodreader right into Dropbox so that you can download (and upload!) from/to Dropbox.

Or, you can either save one of those files from your PC into the Dropbox folder on your PC (easily installed if you don't have it) or you can use Goodreader to wireless hook to your PC for file transfers.

The last method is a bit clunkier than using Dropbox as the intermediary, but still doable.

Goodreader: The Swiss Knife of apps.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Goodreader: The Swiss Knife of apps.

Marilyn

Those were the words I was looking for. Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

OP
L

lotus_7_s3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for the great information you've provided me regarding GoodReader. It has helped this "Newbie" immeasurably. GoodReader here I come!

Most reactions

Latest posts