What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Word Games/Puzzle Apps for the iPad? (i.e. Boggle, Scrabble)

banannabluepants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know of good Word games for the iPad. Preferably from independent developers but that is not a major requirement.

Word ZigZag:
I found a pretty good Boggle game called "Word ZigZag" that has pretty good options.
http://goo.gl/YCvD7

I like the fact that I can adjust the board to be any combination of 4-6 rows BY 4-6 columns: i.e. 4X6. It also keeps score like Scrabble.

What word games have you found?

nade1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
banannabluepants said:
I would like to know of good Word games for the iPad. Preferably from independent developers but that is not a major requirement.

Word ZigZag:
I found a pretty good Boggle game called "Word ZigZag" that has pretty good options.
http://goo.gl/YCvD7

I like the fact that I can adjust the board to be any combination of 4-6 rows BY 4-6 columns: i.e. 4X6. It also keeps score like Scrabble.

What word games have you found?

Scramble with friends

Sultaness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to play wordstorm and jumbline. Both r fun and challenging.

vfontjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to play Word with Friends and Scrabble. Unfortunately, I keep beating everyone so they give up after the third or forth loss. Anyone up for a challenge?

iwales

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Additionally there is a extra download you can get which lets you use your iphone as the rack for your letters so you the ipad is the board and you and your friend can have the letters on your iphone

Mons07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
W.E.L.D.E.R beats them all - voted as the no 1 word game in 2011 and now I'm really struggling to find a replacement. It kept me totally addicted for days on end ....highly recommended. Pse can someone tell me of a word game better than this?

JenstarOz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try 'Puzzlejuice' and 'Spelltower'. Quite different from each other despite initial visual similarities. Have wasted hours on both - great fun and challenging.

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like WordBreaker. It's like Lingo on the gameshow network. Have to guess 5-7 letter words in a time limit, I have the free version. Spend a lot of time playing this.

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try playing Quarrel Deluxe, it's a word game mixed with strategy. Own territories through sheer knowledge.

PIngels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a new game called WORDARY out. That was developed by two small independent developers (myself included :) I can't post links yet but you can get all the info at MODERATOR EDIT: External link removed.

----- Rule 13
Reminder - Rule 13 No external links or email addresses will be posted in thread titles. Posting links to products or services is allowed, as long as it is relevant to the conversation, enhances the discussion within the thread, and does not promote your personal web site, domain, service, company, business or another iPad forum. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete any inappropriate or excessive links. However, if you are the developer, owner or are otherwise affiliated with the product or service, web site, etc., you may not post links per rule #7. Please review all our forum rules here

Links to apps should be in the correct subforum (App announcements). Links may only point to the app store.

Last edited by a moderator:

ferruccio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently released a word game for the iPad called Amarunes which combines elements of Scrabble, Boggle and Mah-Jong Solitaire.

Most reactions

Latest posts