1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Good Sources that don't come with Cydia?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Dahabi, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Dahabi

Dahabi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello. I am new to the site, but decided to register after finding a ton of useful information for my new ipad.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good, useful Sources for Cydia that don't come preloaded when you jailbreak. Thanks.
  2. iwhat

iwhat iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about this...if we can then I know a good one :)
  3. bulletbilly

bulletbilly iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know a few good repos as well... To save everyone the trouble just google Cydia repos... I'm sure you will find a few that may have some packages that you find useful! If a moderator clears this topic I will provide a few good ones...
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  4. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    There is nothing to clear... yet!

While we fully support your right to jailbreak a device you own, we do not allow discussion "cracked" apps or any software that is acquired by any means other than that intended by the author, owner, developer or publisher.

Tread lightly!
  5. djricekcn

djricekcn iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    posting repos shouldn't be a problem unless if they have cracked stuff. I'm not sure where the Cydia only apps fall into though....becuase something onCydia shouldn't be priced on the first place, such as emulators
  6. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    There is nothing wrong with charging for an emulator if you want rewarded for your hard work to make it work on a particular device. Just because some platforms are free, does not make it true for all. Emulators are not illegal. It is the use of ROMS which you do not own which is illegal.
    It could certainly be questionable if someone is selling the same emulator code which is open source or free elsewhere.
    What is strictly prohibited is charging for ROMS, and Cydia certainly does not do that.