What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good email app

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know of a good email app for iPad 2 ? The one that comes with it is okay but would like something better
Thanks

Bossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt you will find much as most people like the standard app. Best of luck in finding something though.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I doubt you will find much as most people like the standard app. Best of luck in finding something though.

Agree that finding another option might not be easy - I have no problems w/ the 'native' Mail app for the iPad, but my needs are not that complicated at the moment.

Might be interesting for those not satisfied w/ the current Mail app, to list some of the limitations (i.e. cons) of the program and what additional features would be of value - I'm sure others would find this useful or will actually provide some further insight - thanks for any input - :)

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree that finding another option might not be easy - I have no problems w/ the 'native' Mail app for the iPad, but my needs are not that complicated at the moment.

Might be interesting for those not satisfied w/ the current Mail app, to list some of the limitations (i.e. cons) of the program and what additional features would be of value - I'm sure others would find this useful or will actually provide some further insight - thanks for any input - :)

I use the iPad email client to access my gmail account and my gmail account is more or less a huge pile of emails that have collected over the last few years, thousands of them. (I use Outlook on my desktop system for actually managing email on a daily basis.)

What I miss is the ability to search the entire gmail account for an obscure email from two years ago with a particular keyword. I can accomplish this with iMailG HD but the features even there don't match the Gmail desktop app.

The most glaring omission of the iPad email app is the ability to search.

Bossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked the IOS 5 email app myself and it gives the option of searching in from, to, subject and all. This is applied across all mailboxes which is a big step forward. Not sure if it's possible to search the body of the email but we are getting there.

tosbsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started to use ibisMail for Ipad and I love it.

Different signatures, folders, filters - Its just very good - and yes it works on ios5

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, folks. Have to admit I hadn't checked the email app since updating to iOS 5. Searching the content of the email would be a big step forward but the initial search features are very helpful.

And since everyone was so helpful on that item (and because I'm obviously too lazy or incompetent myself), does anyone know how to do a mass select on emails once you've identified them so they can be deleted, marked, moved, etc. without going through every single one?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as I said try ibisMail - all available ():))

Took a look at it on the app store based on the previous recommendation. It does look like a comprehensive email client. I'm not one to complain about paying for apps that perform a valuable function (in this case $8 USD), but for my purposes it appears to be somewhat of an overkill solution. I don't use my iPad as the primary manager of my email. My desktop system's Outlook client linked to my company's exchange server fills that function. And I use the Google browser client on my desktop or laptop to handle most of the housekeeping tasks on my Gmail account. So all I really want on my iPad is to receive emails on my Google account and handle some limited housekeeping duties there.

Having said that, however, if I were using the iPad more actively for email management, I'd take a flyer on ibisMail. It appears to be a good solution.

Bossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must admit that multiple selections don't seem to be possible when deleting, moving etc. I use the iPad email client as my primary email reader for home use. After the IOS 5 improvement it's much better but not perfect.
I understand if people wish to have extra functionality but I don't intend paying extra. That's just my choice.

OP
mjtyler

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tosbsas said:
it really is - if you want to, testrun the free iphone version - just to check

Can you tell me when you use ibis does it duplicate mail or does it become the primary mail app? Would be shame if it simply duplicated all the mail
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts