1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Good buy?

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by Balbrt1, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Balbrt1

Balbrt1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is the regular ipad I I still a good buy? I just want a smaller ipad so it will be easier to transport
  2. MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    The regular ipad mini is great. I switched from a big ipad to it and love it.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,975 / 1
    Hold in mind that the money you save by buying an older model may be lost in the long run when you need to upgrade sooner to run newer iOS or app versions. It's a balancing act, and a matter of preferences. Just want you take it into consideration.

Like Moonlit I'm assuming you mean the older iPad Mini, since the iPad 1 (I?) and 2 (I I ?) are full sized, and won't be easier to transport than any other older model full sized iPads.

The new iPad Air, though, that's significantly smaller and lighter, though not as small and light as the iPad Minis.
  4. Balbrt1

Balbrt1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I meant to say Ipad mini. I have a lot of old artur and it is hard to hold my Ipad 2 in bed at night to read. I will not be getting rid of my ipad 2. Just need smaller. Thank you for the advice
  5. dvitale300

dvitale300 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I understand, from the Apple site, that when the new mini comes out the old iPad will only be available in the 16gb model - if that's an issue with you.
  6. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,975 / 1
    Should still be plenty of 2nd hand and refurbished iPad Mini's with more storage to choose from. I'd go refurbished first, since an Apple refurbished device is guaranteed to be 'like new' and has the same warrantee as a new product.