What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good buy?

Balbrt1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the regular ipad I I still a good buy? I just want a smaller ipad so it will be easier to transport

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind that the money you save by buying an older model may be lost in the long run when you need to upgrade sooner to run newer iOS or app versions. It's a balancing act, and a matter of preferences. Just want you take it into consideration.

Like Moonlit I'm assuming you mean the older iPad Mini, since the iPad 1 (I?) and 2 (I I ?) are full sized, and won't be easier to transport than any other older model full sized iPads.

The new iPad Air, though, that's significantly smaller and lighter, though not as small and light as the iPad Minis.

OP
B

Balbrt1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I meant to say Ipad mini. I have a lot of old artur and it is hard to hold my Ipad 2 in bed at night to read. I will not be getting rid of my ipad 2. Just need smaller. Thank you for the advice

dvitale300

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand, from the Apple site, that when the new mini comes out the old iPad will only be available in the 16gb model - if that's an issue with you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I understand, from the Apple site, that when the new mini comes out the old iPad will only be available in the 16gb model - if that's an issue with you.

Should still be plenty of 2nd hand and refurbished iPad Mini's with more storage to choose from. I'd go refurbished first, since an Apple refurbished device is guaranteed to be 'like new' and has the same warrantee as a new product.

Most reactions

Latest posts