What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golf Games for iPad

BCalc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking all over the net for hints about golf games I can run on my iPad Air 2 offline. I travel a lot to Asia and those long transpacific flights don't have wifi so I need something that I can run offline. That let's out WGT Mobile and games like it. I'm looking for a realistic game with a decent golf engine. I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Bill

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been looking all over the net for hints about golf games I can run on my iPad Air 2 offline. I travel a lot to Asia and those long transpacific flights don't have wifi so I need something that I can run offline. That let's out WGT Mobile and games like it. I'm looking for a realistic game with a decent golf engine. I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Hi Bill - welcome to the forum! :) There is a short thread HERE from nearly 2 years ago - I left a post about having the Tiger Woods PGA Tour app on my iPad which was quite good, but removed due to lack of interest - you would probably have been happy w/ that one but seems to not be available in the App Store for whatever reason (32-bit only, Tiger's 'fall from grace', etc?) - good luck in your search - there seem to be a lot of apps searching under 'golf' but most look pretty lame to me. Dave

P.S. I'm a BIG golf fan - don't play anymore, but watch a lot.

OP
B

BCalc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the welcome. I saw your post and that's what led me to join and post here! It seems like all the games have moved to an online format. I guess that's the model for making money now. There are lots of game apps out there but I haven't found a way to ensure they're playable offline. They don't say in the game info and there's no way to contact the company to ask. Hopefully someone here has the answer and can share it.

P.S. I also enjoy playing the real game but don't get to play very often.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the welcome. I saw your post and that's what led me to join and post here! It seems like all the games have moved to an online format. I guess that's the model for making money now. There are lots of game apps out there but I haven't found a way to ensure they're playable offline. They don't say in the game info and there's no way to contact the company to ask. Hopefully someone here has the answer and can share it.

P.S. I also enjoy playing the real game but don't get to play very often.
You can sometimes find a clue in the app description where it mentions the size of the app. If the size is only a few MB, then the game very likely requires an active internet connection to play.

Most reactions

Latest posts