What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to Peru & Bolivia

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going to Peru & Bolivia next month .I have an iPad1 WiFi only but own a MiFi .

Not to sure if I'm taking my iPad or not....:confused:

Any tips on WiFi availability and/or carriers to get a sim card for the MiFi would really help me a lot . Thanks in advance ;)

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will do ! But you are stuck with me here for another month ;-)

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Reporting from La Paz , Bolivia. WiFi in my hotel room ! It's been the same in every place I have been in Peru...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Zenfuego

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too

Great to see your post! I am going solo to peru and bolivia in October. Will be staying in Cuzco, Ollantaytambo, La Paz, and a night in Copacabana on Titicaca. Staying in pretty decent hotels- Rumi Punku, And the Hotel Rosario in both LP and Copa.
Sounds like wifi is readily available? Anything else you can tell me? Did yoi dare take it out in public, or is it too sketchy? I want to photo- blog all the way, so hoping upload speeds are okay. Anything you can tell me about you trip would be awesome. Gracias!

Zenfuego

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoops- I guess you are there now! Sorry, misread the date. No pressure man, answer when you are able, and thanks again! Enjoy La Paz- looking majorly forward to it.

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Zenfuego !

Today in Sucre and wifi here too , you shouldn't have problems connecting , we have had free wifi everywhere...I still can't believe it ;-))) On the other hand we are staying in good hotels....
To answer your question..no , I haven't taken my iPad out in public , I have only used it in my room to read my emails and read or look at the news on french news apps. The buffing isn't very fast but it works !
I don't know where you are from but try to get homéopatic coca if you don't want to chew on leaves !! And bring stuff for headaches , the first few days are tough if you start with high altitude.....

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yptcn said:
Hi Zenfuego !

Today in Sucre and wifi here too , you shouldn't have problems connecting , we have had free wifi everywhere...I still can't believe it ;-))) On the other hand we are staying in good hotels....
To answer your question..no , I haven't taken my iPad out in public , I have only used it in my room to read my emails and read or look at the news on french news apps. The buffing isn't very fast but it works !
I don't know where you are from but try to get homéopatic coca if you don't want to chew on leaves !! And bring stuff for headaches , the first few days are tough if you start with high altitude.....

Most reactions

Latest posts