What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to get ipod touch!

wayne1983

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, i posted a thread the other day regards what i can and cant do on the ipad, and whether i would be suited to it for my needs.
Well after looking into things, ive decided to buy a laptop has i think for my own needs that will be better. However im also thinking of getting an ipod touch 64gb, this would be good for when im out and about, but ive got a couple of questions about them.
1. Can you get credit for them to access the internet or is it only when you are near a free wifi spot, i.e mcdonalds?
2. Can you connect the ipod to the tv like the ipad to make it bigger and easier to see photos for example?
Thanks and i hope you can answer these questions many thanks.:)

tmoney15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. You can only connect via WiFi with iPod Touch. That said you can get a MiFi device from a company like TruConnect Mobile that offers cheap Internet 3.9¢/MB with no contract. A MiFi will get 3G signal from the big carrier network and then create a secure WiFi hotspot wherever you are.

2. I'm guessing that if you can connect iPad to a TV you can do it with iPod Touch too since they use the same plug in ports.

Hope this helps.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wayne1983-
Not sure how the connection to the TV works, however, regarding the wifi connection-absolutely love my ipod touch for that! Prior to purchasing my ipad 2, I used the touch to get connected in my house, hotels, restaurants etc. The connection I found was very good. Skype video and chat works super on it! Podcasts and rental movies work if you don't mind watching on a small screen. I watch mine when I am on the elliptical. You will love your touch-I love mine!!

Have fun with your purchase!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I have the Apple adapter below w/ an HDMI cable - works fine on our HDTV w/ the iPad 2 - however, more recent models of the iPhone & iPod Touch are needed for this connection - in fact, out of curiosity, I attached my iPod Touch (2G) w/o success; appears that an iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4G are needed, but I'm assuming that you were planning to buy the 4G version of the iPod - good luck! :)

110302_apple_digital_av_adapter.jpg

minime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was gonna buy a touch but the less than one mega pixel camera just pissed me off, what were they thinking? sure it does alot of things
but 1mp.

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
minime said:
I was gonna buy a touch but the less than one mega pixel camera just pissed me off, what were they thinking? sure it does alot of things
but 1mp.

I'm hoping the touch gets a bigger screen on the next gen. I'll get my daughter one for sure.

OP
W

wayne1983

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the 4g one yes. My reasons for maybe going for the ipod instead of the ipad is that i feel the ipod will be better for while im out and about, and much easier to carry, but i think i still need a laptop for some of my needs.
Having said, if the ipad in the future means i can access all my things, i could get one in the future.
Many thanks for your help too regards the tv bit much appreciated.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
but 1mp.

Keep in mind that the iPad 2 has a front & rear camera, both are less than 1 megapixel in resolution - virtually worthless for good quality still images; I use the cameras mainly to video conference w/ our son which is fine for that purpose; I've only shot some experimental video which is also acceptable. Good luck in your selection - and for those interested in these camera issues, there are plenty of threads/posts already here on the subject! :)

OP
W

wayne1983

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well after 'playing' on a relatives ipad 2 ive decided i am going to get one afterall!:eek:, I just felt addicted to it with all the things you can do.
I am still probably going to get the new white ipod touch too, my survey funds pay for it so thats cool, cheers.

Most reactions

Latest posts