What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to buy today.

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your bank card pin number.
Your quickest route home and the most quiet place in your house, so you can spend hours in peace marvelling at the little piece of electronic genius

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the most important thing , is for you to know what you are going to use it for.
That way you'll know if it's going to be a 16G or 64G
If it is only WiFi, or 3G .

OP
P

Patriot04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks,
I'm going with a 32G Wi-fi. Dont want another bill and I already have my home Wi-fied. Any technical stuff I should know, Do's or Don'ts or must have accessories?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One important thing.
Don't take it home without opening it.
Ask them to open it. to Sync it with the iTune they have over there.
Once you see it is showing some good signs of life.
Wrap it up back into the box, and go home.

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks,
I'm going with a 32G Wi-fi. Dont want another bill and I already have my home Wi-fied. Any technical stuff I should know, Do's or Don'ts or must have accessories?

Buying a case/cover is a nessecity in my opinion. Even when your at home. I just have a leather logic3 book style cover that opens like a book so I don't need to remove the iPad to use it. Other than that I don't need anything else to use my iPad to it's full pontential.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree about a case. Be sure and buy one that allows you to tilt to type and has a cover to protect the screen when you are out and about or stick it in a bag. I have the basic Apple case and like it even after 8+ months Beyond that, nothing.

There are lots of nice smallish accessories that are useful but not necessary. Two under $25 that I like and use daily are the dumb looking but really useful, for me, Propup stand
and a Targus stylus which I use with note taking apps and Filterstorm, a photo processing app.

Just enjoy. I don't have 3G either but my area of NC has lots and lots of free wifi (I sat in my car dealer's customers lounge yesterday and used their fast wifi to listen to NPR and then Pandora in the background as I participated in photo forums). We do have a mobile hot spot on our phones with Verizon but have probably only used it a half dozen times. Made me realize I don't need 3G

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
If you can wait a few weeks, please do as there are so many raging rumors of the iPad 2. No point in jumping the gun if you can avoid it.

That being said, buy the most iPad you can afford. You'll appreciate the extra memory and 3G later, even if you don't think you'll need it day one.

As for a case, you'll want something that fits your activity lifestyle. I've gone with just the Zagg skin and a 10" laptop bag, as I use the keyboard-dock all day long. My wife is more mobile with our son and uses the ZooGue case all day long.

Piko

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can wait a few weeks, please do as there are so many raging rumors of the iPad 2. No point in jumping the gun if you can avoid it.
And that's exactly what they are... rumors!

There is only one person who knows exactly when the next generation iPad will come out, what features it will have and how much it will cost... and he's not talking!

steve-jobs-ipad.jpg

If you want an iPad now, get an iPad now and enjoy it now instead of waiting for who knows how long for an iPad that may or may not have features that may or may not be important to you.

Most reactions

Latest posts