What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going back to ios 6 when the NEW iPad comes out..?

VlogSalad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
I was wondering when the next new ipad comes out, would I be able to put ios 6 onto it so I can jailbreak it? As in downgrade that ios to the current ios we have now.

Thanks!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope. The next iPad would most likely not come with anything below iOS 6.2 stock if not iOS 7, meaning there won't be on or have an iOS 6.1.2 tailored for the next new iPad. Plus, if you want to downgrade, you have to take advantage of an exploit. There hasn't been one that's been found yet since the pre-A5 devices, which all use the LimeRa1n exploit, with the iPad 2, which follows a slightly different set of rules if you were to downgrade, which needs several more steps and requirements before you can do so. You need SHSH blobs to downgrade/restore selectively to an iOS, and if the new iPad comes out on iOS 6.1.3, 1, you won't have iOS 6.1.2 tailored for the device, and 2, you won't have the ability to save the SHSH blobs since the iOS doesn't exist for the device

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all
I was wondering when the next new ipad comes out, would I be able to put ios 6 onto it so I can jailbreak it? As in downgrade that ios to the current ios we have now.

Thanks!

It's not possible, under any circumstances, to place an earlier iOS version on an iPad than the one that was installed when it left the factory.

Most reactions