What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going back to basics

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Windows 10? A couple of hours - approx 3, but guessing
I thought you meant that an item was downloading to your iPad from iTunes on your computer. It's probably not a good idea to sync your iPad with iTunes on your computer while you're trying to update Windows. You may want to stop until after Windows is finished updating.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sorry - that was a mistake - I downloaded Win 10 on my notebook. (nothing to do with my iPad problem. I am using desktop computer and iPad together. This is what I am asking now
I can apparently access icloud library now.. Am I done? What do I click on in desktop to be able to see whats on iPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When your iPad is connected to iTunes, look at the column on the left side of the summary page and scroll down until you get to the items under "On My Device". Clicking on any of the items will tell you what music, movies, TV shows, etc. are on your iPad. After you've finished transferring purchases from your iPad to the iTunes library on your computer, this content will also be on your computer where it is available for future syncing and can also be played directly on your computer.

The iTunes library on your computer also includes the apps that were on your iPad when you transferred purchases.

The iCloud library contains everything you've ever purchased through iTunes, whether or not it's currently on your iPad or the iTunes library on your computer.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just noticed this on my computer (dated 17-4-16)
Dear Customer
We are unable to confirm your account information.
As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended.
All the services related to your account has been suspended pending resolution.
Please provide us with your details as soon as possible..
Just click on EDITED and Log In to your ID and follow the instructions :

EDITED

This is an automated message. Please do not reply to this email. If you need additional help, visit Apple Support.

Notice: If this email was sent to you in your Junk or Spam folder please mark it as not spam due to our new security update.

Im not sure if this is still relevant
--------------------------------

Sorry Scifan not enough info. Where is sumary page? On desktop if I go to iTunes, there are some songs there, a few I recognize, but when I clicked on it - the message said "The song Amazing Grace could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it. Happens whatever song I click on.

Seems like my music is still in Users-Judy-My music :(

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just noticed this on my computer (dated 17-4-16)
Dear Customer
We are unable to confirm your account information.
As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended.
All the services related to your account has been suspended pending resolution.
Please provide us with your details as soon as possible..
Just click on EDITED and Log In to your ID and follow the instructions :

EDITED

This is an automated message. Please do not reply to this email. If you need additional help, visit Apple Support.

Notice: If this email was sent to you in your Junk or Spam folder please mark it as not spam due to our new security update.

Im not sure if this is still relevant
--------------------------------

Sorry Scifan not enough info. Where is sumary page? On desktop if I go to iTunes, there are some songs there, a few I recognize, but when I clicked on it - the message said "The song Amazing Grace could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it. Happens whatever song I click on.

That message you received is a phishing attack. It's designed to get your personal info and steal from you. Do not click on any links in the message and definitely give out any information.

The summary page is what automatically opens when you connect your iPad to iTunes.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks re the scam email. I would never have opened it there l- hence my query.

Seems like I have done everything I've been told to do - would you agree? I sincerely thank everyone for being patient with me.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am happy to try 1Password on iPad. I don't necesarily want everything synced on both machines.

1Password also has the ability to sync between devices. As a mobile phone, tablet, and computer user I won't use a password app that does not sync, if for no other reason than the chance that I might lose all my passwords if the one device that has them breaks.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thanks Twerppoet, will give it a go. (1Password that is) - on iPad.

Scifan - well yes, this one I mentioned earlier
On desktop if I go to iTunes, there are some songs there, a few I recognize, but when I clicked on it - the message said "The song Amazing Grace could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it. Happens whatever song I click on[.

I did find the summary page once, but forgot how/where. Incidentally I will not be purchasing music at any stage.
On the iPad, I only have Music or iTunes store. I can't see one song from my desktop.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still can't find this on iPad When your iPad is connected to iTunes, look at the column on the left side of the summary page

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still can't find this on iPad When your iPad is connected to iTunes, look at the column on the left side of the summary page
Here's what I mean by the column on the left side of the screen when your iPad is connected to iTunes. This view is only visible on the computer and cannot be found on the iPad itself.
This screenshot is from my MacBook Pro and is of the summary page for my iPad Pro, note the highlighted Summary at the top of the list in the sidebar(column on left side of the page). The view is very similar on a Windows computer.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thanks Twerppoet, will give it a go. (1Password that is) - on iPad.

Scifan - well yes, this one I mentioned earlier
On desktop if I go to iTunes, there are some songs there, a few I recognize, but when I clicked on it - the message said "The song Amazing Grace could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it. Happens whatever song I click on[.

Well I finally found the page, and clicked on sync, - nowhere can I find those songs on my iPad. It says iTunes cannot add any songs to the iPad "Judy's iPad" because no songs in your iTunes library could be found.

I'm not going to worry about it now. I dont need and wont be buying any new songs - in fact I dont care if my own old songs are on the iPad or not.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So have I done everything I am supposed to do? I do have the latest version.

One thing I'd like to know - on the desktop - you click on start - search, does the mini iPad have a search facility?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So have I done everything I am supposed to do? I do have the latest version.

One thing I'd like to know - on the desktop - you click on start - search, does the mini iPad have a search facility?

On the Home Screen, swipe down somwhere in the middle of the screen, or swipe all the way to the leftmost screen. They are slightly different, but both offer a search field. You can select what will be searched for in Settings > General > Spotlight Search.

It's not quite the same as a file search on a computer, but the closest you'll get in iOS (for now).

There are also some specific searches and questions you can ask using Siri. To get an idea what you can use Siri for, ask Siri "What can I say?"

Most reactions

Latest posts