What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going back to basics

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I havent used my mini ipad for some time (previous messages to you might show what one I have).

I can't get into anything as it doesnt recognize my passwords, BUT it will not give me the option of creating a new one.

I need Outlook Password, iCloud password and Apple password. Can you tell me how I can create new passwords for all these please?
Judy

It may be a 4

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All good scifan, now I just need the option to change Outlook password.

Is there a quick way of deleting multiple emails rather than one by one?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try going to the Outlook email website to see what password recovery options are offered.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I must have got in eventually!!! I did find a password and it worked.

Can you help with the 2nd question please?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your iPad is up to date (iOS 9.3.1), go to the Mail app. At the upper right, above the list with the emails, you'll find "Edit".
image.jpeg

When you tap it, it will be possible to checkmark the emails you wish to remove.
image.jpeg

That done, tap "Delete" at the bottom.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That was easy enough - thank you. The only problem is I don't know if I have iOS 9.3.1 or not, and where to check?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I havent used my mini ipad for some time (previous messages to you might show what one I have).
..................The only problem is I don't know if I have iOS 9.3.1 or not, and where to check?

Simply select Settings -> General -> About - the iOS version of your iPad should be half way down the right column; since from your first post quote above (first sentence) states that you have not use your mini ...for 'some time', you likely will need to upgrade the operating system, if desired?

Also, the 'model' & 'serial number' of your device is listed below the iOS version - GO HERE and enter either one and your iDevice will be looked up and shown.

Finally, take a look at the Apple Support Manuals site - iPad manuals can be viewed online or downloaded, so you can learn about the iPad and its iOS - good luck. Dave :)

ADDENDUM: Oops - Scifan.. beat me to the draw! ;)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Simply select Settings -> General -> About - the iOS version of your iPad should be half way down the right column; since from your first post quote above (first sentence) states that you have not use your mini ...for 'some time', you likely will need to upgrade the operating system, if desired?

Also, the 'model' & 'serial number' of your device is listed below the iOS version - GO HERE and enter either one and your iDevice will be looked up and shown.

Finally, take a look at the Apple Support Manuals site - iPad manuals can be viewed online or downloaded, so you can learn about the iPad and its iOS - good luck. Dave :)

ADDENDUM: Oops - Scifan.. beat me to the draw! ;)
But your answer had more info.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK Version is 8.2 (120508)

Intro. October 22, 2013* Disc. None
Order ME276LL/A* Model A1489 (EMC 2695*)
Family iPad mini Retina (Wi-Fi) ID iPad4,4
RAM 1 GB* VRAM None
Storage 16, 32, 64, 128 GB Optical None
Looks like I have to update.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again Judy - you have the Wi-Fi iPad Mini 2 model shown below from the EveryiPad website - for your capacity (i.e. in GB) and storage left, look in the same area above the iOS version - also, if you follow the link and hit the 'PDF Manual', the older iOS 8.x version opens as a PDF file, if you do want to upgrade to iOS 9.x - BUT, if you do, make sure to backup your iPad first - upgrades can be done cabled to a computer through iTunes or OTA (Over The Air) using the cloud - ask if you're not sure. :) Dave
Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 5.53.01 PM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I thought I answered this, but my version is 8.2(12D508) - I guess that means upgrading somehow

Yes you certainly did - the question is whether you want to upgrade to 9.x? There are often many posters on this forum who are reluctant to try an upgrade, either out of 'fear' or worries about disabling their devices. In your case w/ the device owned, I would recommend the upgrade - my main comment if you do want to go this route, is to make sure you have a backup (and two options were offered). Dave :)

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was so sure I had answered, then I realised there was a page two. (sorry lol)
But will look into it again later today. Will probably try doing it on my desktop, tho havent found out how to backup iPad as yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts