What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godus Game Discussion

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The colours are lovely!!

I find the voyages just as frustrating, although I do really like the fact that you can partially complete a voyage, e.g. Just get one of the five followers to the temple, and still get a star and be able to move on to the next stage. I think that's an improvement.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you need to be 18 and over to see autumnal colours in your game, so to save you having to wait twelve months, here is pic of my autumnal colours.

Also, I'm hoping that some of you who may not have built in Weyworld yet, can benefit from my mistakes. I would recommend placing your farming and mining settlements next to the verdant, green land or grey mining land, and then leashing your farmers or miners over to the plots. In my excitement and haste, I plonked my settlements right in the middle of my green/grey land, thereby reducing the already small amount of space available to build wheat fields or mines. I have expanded one beacon so far, and have only one spot to build mines, and only one spot to grow wheat. It takes a minimum of 9 wheat to build on a new spot. I've attached some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 707
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 938
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,091
OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't forget to document it all on Instagram too. :)

And please clean your room. :D

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
o_O I just discovered something....In Weyworld, where the arch is that allows you to set sail on a voyage, just a little bit to the left, in the ocean, are two tiny little islands. Each one has a builder sitting on it, moping because he's alone and homeless :eek:. I think these two little fellas are the reason why the happiness level in Weyworld is in the toilet all the time! I also am having a spot of difficulty with the time advancing thing in the new world - it doesn't seem to be working like it did in homeworld. Am too pooped to explore further, but here's my findings for now :p

I found those guys too!! I sculpted them a narrow bridge so they could join the rest of the gang. Managed to put one in a new abode. But, building is such a slow process, due to the very, very small amount of wheat that I am producing. I have been losing people to the Astari in their droves! I now have two fountains, but they don't seem to do much.

I'm finding time travel works for belief, wheat and ore, but not the advancing of buildings.

I tried to destroy my farming settlement that was in the middle of farming land, by lobbing meteors at it, but they destroyed everything in the vicinity except the settlement. Total waste.

I am finding lots and lots of treasure chests though! And the camera rotate thingy makes it a lot easier to get at some of them.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Look at my extra large mine!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,314

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So the app shows its updated in the app store, but the app icon isnt updated. If I open it its stuck on 'checking for updates'. So, cant play, whew...

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So the app shows its updated in the app store, but the app icon isnt updated. If I open it its stuck on 'checking for updates'. So, cant play, whew...

Oh no!! How very annoying.:(

Did you see this post below, on the 22Cans Facebook page? I don't know if it's of any help.

Hi everyone! It’s come to our attention that a few players of Godus on iOShave been having trouble launching the game. Rest assured that we have a fix for this in the works that we’ll issuing a little later on this week.

In the meantime, we do have a workaround provided you are playing Godus using a mobage account or if you have linked Godus to Facebook: please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, then after launching the game go to the Options screen and select Recover Save to sign in again – you should find you'll be able to pick up your previously saved game from where you left off.

For affected players using a Guest account, our upcoming fix will resolve this issue for you – we won’t keep you waiting much longer!

For all other queries or for more detailed, personal assistance, please contact our dedicated Tech Support team on......(usual support address)

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
Removed FaceBook Links

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please, no FaceBook links in the posts.

I purposely removed the links to mobage, FB and to the 22Cans support website before posting my reply. Or at least, I thought I had. I deleted the text, which I assumed would remove the link, then retyped the words. If a link was left in, it was unintended, and a mistake, for which I apologise.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know, and I empathise! It's quite frustrating, but I must admit I have been enjoying the challenge, and hardly ever go back to the main world anymore, where the only thing left to do is make even bigger settlements.

I also have loads of stickers, but the cards are few and far between.

What I would recommend is to focus on filling up your first area of verdant land. Using rain of purity to speed up wheat really helps here. It's a bit of a balancing act to use the precious wheat to create just enough abodes so you can increase the size of your farming settlement or village, to fill up the wheat plots. Then, expand the nearby beacon which will allow you access to another batch of verdant land, sort of north east of the rugged land where you build mines. There's an empty plot of wheat there, which you can see, so you know which one to go for. There's another beacon at the edge of that verdant land, which requires 200 ore and 200 wheat to expand. That's the one I'm going for now.

Also, I built a small mining settlement on the low ground next to where the ark arrives, at the bottom of the hill. I leashed those miners up the hill to the rugged ground.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No luck, older version of game got installed and the problem is back to what it was before.

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you. :( Have you contacted them? They usually respond, in my experience, but it can take a few days, especially if there are lots of people having problems.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, I like the idea of the mining settlement near the ark, and then leashing them....am off to give that a try! Thanks!

And try to maximise the number of plots you can get on both your verdant land and your rugged land. I'm finding if you have just a corner of a plot in the verdant area, you can still build wheat on it.

Have you been able to destroy a settlement? I want to remove the one I built in the middle of the verdant area, and have tried the finger of god, but it just deducts 1000 belief for each hit, and doesn't seem to reduce the size of the settlement at all. I think I might have to use a meteor, but I know it will destroy all sorts of other things as well, which I will have to rebuild. o_O

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I took your advice early on, and made sure NOT to accidently build on the verdant and rugged lands....so I don't know what a meteor will do. Except REALLY upset the followers, but they're always such a miserable bunch, I say "go for it!" :D Just try to come straight down on top of it, instead of at an angle, so it minimizes the path of destruction.

In the end, I had to lob about six meteors to destroy the settlement. It left a huge crater, destroyed half my wheat fields, destroyed some abodes and made everyone very, very unhappy. As I was filling in the crater, and trying to placate everyone with rain of purity, builders kept turning up and starting to build abodes on the verdant land, so I had to destroy the abode with finger of god. Then the builder would just move to the next plot. Very annoying, each time this happened, of course, it used up precious wheat! :mad:

But at least I got rid of the settlement!

Most reactions

Latest posts