What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godus Game Discussion

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, wait....you can just mine the gems? There has to be a monument? I built a mining settlement and have this pile of gems:

So you're saying they won't mine these?!? What do I have to do?

You need to have unlocked the Mining for Gems card, then you can build a mining settlement, and direct miners to the gems. Or, if you already have miners nearby, you can use those. If you tap on your mining settlement when the miner icon appears, they will go to the gems if they are nearby and if there is no empty plot or mine nearby. I destroyed a couple of mines with the finger of god, so that the miners would go to the sapphires.

You don't need to have uncovered or built the temples, you just need to have the mining for gems card.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, fer cryin' out loud! I didn't know those were future gem mining areas! I "re-buried" the first temple I uncovered because it suited me at the time, and it's now surrounded by farm settlements. Now you say we have to send miners in there? Gah! How annoying! :mad: I shall have to rethink everything.....

Hmm, you have a bit of a situation there! :confused: Look on the bright side though, you get to have some fun with meteors again! :D

Do you have another seam of sapphires that's more accessible?

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Narab1 and Chumleyboo! I'm going to try and stick with it to see if I like it enough. It seems an intricate game, but that's okay, I kinda like that. A pity that the social feature is missing, but who knows, they might add it later on? After all, the Tribez was a solo affair for so long too!

www.ladiesandgaming.com

One tip I would give you at the start - try to increase numbers of followers before you start building farming settlements. In other words, don't build farming settlements as soon as you are able to, even if it's tempting! Once you have a couple of wheat fields, it costs wheat each time you build a new abode. You'll run out really quickly at first, and building will be slow until you have amassed more wheat. I hope that makes sense! :)

YvoCaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does make sense, as coincidence would have it, I just got the tutorial on the farming! Thanks for the tip, I'll hold off on farming a bit then. This game sure has a steep learning curve, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I went a bit mad with the meteors and very nearly flattened all the land around that first tower. I had no idea there were so many sapphires under there! Phew! Took me ages last night, and I'll continue today. I see what you meant about making sure there's no empty plots nearby - the miners keep forgetting what they're supposed to be doing, and go off opening new mines! A very annoying habit indeed!

A strange thing happened - I lost 120 followers to the Astari - thanks to me forgetting to "celebrate" with the tree and fountains when I fast-forwarded the time too many times until their happiness became positive depression....but the weird thing was that all the empty abodes and an entire farming settlement didn't repopulate with folk at all. The info button kept telling me it's going to happen in "x" number of hours, but it never did. In the end I had to use the "finger of God" to simply destroy all the empties and start again. Anyone else had that problem?

I found that to repopulate you have to leash a builder to the empty abode. Sometimes someone will just wander over, but most times, I have had to direct someone there. You can direct a builder to an empty abode, but you can't direct a builder to, say, an empty wheat field or a mine. You have to leash a farmer or miner respectively. And it does take absolutely ages. :confused: It's possible that the info button was telling you how long it would take if you were to send someone there...

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It does make sense, as coincidence would have it, I just got the tutorial on the farming! Thanks for the tip, I'll hold off on farming a bit then. This game sure has a steep learning curve, right?

It does! :D

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Correct! Welcome to the weird logic of Godus!:D Wait till you get to build "Builder Settlements". They're nearly as useless as the Astari, but not as cute :p

Yes, the Astari are a bit odd. I was just looking at the whole of the land and I found an Astari village North-east of where we start the game. Maybe we can do something after the beacons lead us to it...We cant sculpt in the Astari village

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Haha, I can do so little things compared to you Gods! :D Its getting really slow at first in getting belief.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, the Astari are a bit odd. I was just looking at the whole of the land and I found an Astari village North-east of where we start the game. Maybe we can do something after the beacons lead us to it...We cant sculpt in the Astari village

You do get to open up land south east of the Astari village, but that seems to be the full extent of it. That's where I am now - there is still some greyed out land but no more beacons.

Haha, I can do so little things compared to you Gods! :D Its getting really slow at first in getting belief.

It is slow, but hang in there! And if you can't wait, you can always put the clock on your device forward...;)

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the song that plays when you collect belief has changed? It is now It's a Long Way to Tipperary.

YvoCaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I seem to remember seeing you at least some of you in the HayDay discussions too. I'm curious: any other ipad games you would recommend? I played Tribez and the other one, Tribez & Castlez, loved DragonVale and played a lot of Monster Pet shop years ago. What's the latest at the moment?

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I seem to remember seeing you at least some of you in the HayDay discussions too. I'm curious: any other ipad games you would recommend? I played Tribez and the other one, Tribez & Castlez, loved DragonVale and played a lot of Monster Pet shop years ago. What's the latest at the moment?

Clash of Clans is popular, but not my cup of tea. :) Have a look at the iPad Games Forum to see what people are talking about.

I like Plants vs Zombies, and mainly puzzle, physics and word games. My favourite puzzle games are The Room, Machinarium and Tiny Bang Story. They are all solitary pursuits, beautifully designed and challenging. Favourite physics games are Contre Jour, Saving Seeds and Where's My Water (the first one, the second one isn't all that good). Favourite word games are Letterpress, Scrabble and Words With Friends, with Word Mess a fun little time waster.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Clash of Clans is popular, but not my cup of tea. :) Have a look at the iPad Games Forum to see what people are talking about.

I like Plants vs Zombies, and mainly puzzle, physics and word games. My favourite puzzle games are The Room, Machinarium and Tiny Bang Story. They are all solitary pursuits, beautifully designed and challenging. Favourite physics games are Contre Jour, Saving Seeds and Where's My Water (the first one, the second one isn't all that good). Favourite word games are Letterpress, Scrabble and Words With Friends, with Word Mess a fun little time waster.

I don't know about the "latest", but definitely HayDay seems to be the most played amongst us. I never could get into Tribez, or Clash, personally, but I really like "Supermarket Mania", "Prison Mayhem" (both pretty old, but I really like 'em!), and some of the "Dash" games are fun too :p. I, too, used to play "DragonVale", but after several months I found I was too impatient, and wasn't having fun anymore. Like Anthea, I also play Scrabble (badly), and Letterpress (slightly less badly).

By the way, my name's Samantha :D

You both pretty much covered up all games I enjoy playing. :D

I'm waiting for The Room 3 to release, then The Room 2 will be free for a limited time. :D :p

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You both pretty much covered up all games I enjoy playing. :D

I'm waiting for The Room 3 to release, then The Room 2 will be free for a limited time. :D :p

:D

I couldn't wait! I bought The Room 2 as soon as it came out, and did nothing else until I finished it! :D

Another puzzle game I forgot to mention is Tiny Thief, I really enjoyed that one. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts