What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail

elsworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not able to forward emails from my Gmail account all it does is lock up Safari on my iPad. In addition, I am unable to do anything with my Netflix account, not even scroll up my my DVD selections. Does anyone else have similar problems or is the problems with my iPad?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPF!
Check your Internet connection. But try to use gmail with the mail app that comes with iPad. That works really well. But if you insist on using safari, use the basic HTML version of gmail. It should work better.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no problems using Gmail on the default mail app or initially through Safari, when I set up a new Gmail account. I now have a bunch of email accounts routed through the default email app, including several Gmail ones.

I also haven't had problems using my Netflix account on iPad. I use the app to stream a lot. I use the website to add to my instant and DVD queues. The instant queue updates immediately, so I can stream to my Sony BluRay player right away. That's all in good working order. My Sony sucks at keeping a network connection, but that's a separate problem.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you been able to download your contacts from Gmail to the IPad email app? If so, can you tell me how's it done?:confused:

All I did was export the contacts to my laptop, then use iTunes to sync them to my ipad2.

Ogonzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
All I did was export the contacts to my laptop, then use iTunes to sync them to my ipad2.

There is an easier way. Simply set up the mail app via the exchange settings, this way your contacts, mail and calendar. There is no need to export to your PC desktop and sync with iTunes. This way, if you add a contact or event to your calendar, it's synced to all your devices.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:

There is an easier way. Simply set up the mail app via the exchange settings, this way your contacts, mail and calendar. There is no need to export to your PC desktop and sync with iTunes. This way, if you add a contact or event to your calendar, it's synced to all your devices.

Google Mail as Exchange
Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Also, when trying to scroll columns or lists in Safari, use two fingers instead of one.

Most reactions

Latest posts