What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail viewing problem in safari...

Atlasmap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, anyone having problems getting gmail to load completely? My setting in gmail is on the new theme and set to view as if it was in desktop mode, but somehow, gmail gets stuck in loading. And scrolling down is not available...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To scroll down you need to use the iPad's 'two-finger' scroll gesture. Instead of using one finger to scroll, as you normally would, you need to touch the part of the page you want to scroll with two fingers simultaneously and drag the screen either up or down (or even left and right). It takes a bit of practice - I started off doing all sorts of things I didn't really mean to - but it soon becomes second nature....

Tim

OP
A

Atlasmap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To scroll down you need to use the iPad's 'two-finger' scroll gesture. Instead of using one finger to scroll, as you normally would, you need to touch the part of the page you want to scroll with two fingers simultaneously and drag the screen either up or down (or even left and right). It takes a bit of practice - I started off doing all sorts of things I didn't really mean to - but it soon becomes second nature....

Tim

I wish that was the case...but i'm on 4.3.3 without the multigesture. When gmail loads up, it gets stuck about 90% and i can see the page but i can scroll down...thanks for the thought though.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just get Gmail through the mail app?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim

I wish that was the case...but i'm on 4.3.3 without the multigesture. When gmail loads up, it gets stuck about 90% and i can see the page but i can scroll down...thanks for the thought though.

This is not a 'multi-gesture' - it's supported on iOS 4.2 and up, no special modifications needed.

Tim

OP
A

Atlasmap

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim

This is not a 'multi-gesture' - it's supported on iOS 4.2 and up, no special modifications needed.

Tim

I see what ur saying...thats a good trick! But my original problem is more that gmail can't complete loading and just hangs around 90%. Will keep trying to clear caches and stuff. Thx.

Sunnyshine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, anyone having problems getting gmail to load completely? My setting in gmail is on the new theme and set to view as if it was in desktop mode, but somehow, gmail gets stuck in loading. And scrolling down is not available...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

The gmail often have problem .:(

Most reactions

Latest posts