What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gmail password not acceptted

Jeanhy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to change my password for gmail. accounts on all devices are ok. why won't the ipad acccept my username and password ? thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had to change my password for gmail. accounts on all devices are ok. why won't the ipad acccept my username and password ? thanks

Hi, Jeanhy! Welcome to iPF!

Google seems to have problems with Gmail at the moment. There are a few members in iPF who asked questions similar to yours. I have a Gmail account, too, and sometimes get popups when opening, telling me to look at my account settings.
Try the following. If it doesn't help, no harm is done:

Delete your Gmail account and set it up again.

Second possibility: sign in to Gmail on your browser, don't sign out. Then sign in using the app you want to authorise access to your account within the next ten minutes. Google will remember the app after it signs in, and will allow it to access your account in the future as long as it uses the correct password.
Don't forget to sign out on your browser again.

You should in any case report your problem to Google.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts