What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail inbox doesn't refresh in Safari

Perplexer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

I used Safari to log-in to my Gmail e-mail account (by default it seems to go into the Inbox folder). I then put my iPad 2 on my desk and expected the Inbox to refresh when a new e-mail arrived but it doesn't refresh. Does anyone know if I can make it refresh automatically when new e-mail arrives in the Inbox ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only way I know that Gmail refreshes on the web is for you to hit the refresh button in Gmail. I don't believe the designers created it to automatically refresh.

Have you thought about making a Gmail account on the iPad, using the iPad's built-in Mail app? You can then set it up to notify you when you get new e-mails, which may be an easier process than trying to remember to refresh the web link.

Just a thought. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Marilyn

Most reactions