What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail contacts

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get my contacts to load? I set up my gmail email account as the "exchange" email account but my contacts are not pulling from my google account. What am I doing wrong?

OP
Lovemyipad2

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I did all that and still no luck. It's asking me for the exchange password. Tried both my gmail and apple passwords, neither worked.

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the best I can do

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303872514.019931.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303872514.019931.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 313
OP
Lovemyipad2

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I will keep trying until I can get it to pull my contacts.

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My setup is a little different.
Username is just the name without the @gmail.com

OP
Lovemyipad2

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not yet. Not sure why it's asking me for an exchange account password whenever I'm doing entering in all info. I set up a call with an apple rep tomorrow to help me figure it out. Thanks much for hour help.

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm confused...where exactly is it asking you for the exchange password?? Is it after u have set everything up and then u keep getting a popup notification?? If so I may have your solution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've got no ideas on the password thing, but if you already had contacts on the ipad it may have set up a separate contact database when you synced with your Google account. If there is now a red ribbon above the search bar on your left page, tap it and see if you have a google account that you can select.

stanmath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After weeks of searching and trying I finally have my gmail account loaded, my folders and all emails are there and today I have my contacts. Still I can't figure out a way to add or delete or edit my contacts or put them in the groups where they are on my other computers. This both true in gmail entered through Exchange or accessed by way of Safari. Why does this iPad2 have to be so hard to work with?

TexasOwl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(I am new to Forum and not sure I'm using it correctly, so sorry if so.) Does anyone know how to "fix" my outbound gmail msgs on ipad2 so that Blind Copy Recipients are shown in the copy of the gmail retained in my Sent Folder?

Most reactions

Latest posts