What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail cannot send messages

Jfox141

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Have gmail on an ipad2 and it worked fine until this week. I am staying with a friend with wireless, not at home where I normally use my iPad if this is related. Several times this week my gmail account was not getting new messages while they were coming thru my android phone. I deleted the gmail account and added it back to the iPad and the new mail came through but now I cannot send outgoing mail. I get "smtp.gmail.com" failed message. The SSL setting is on. my husband has 1st generation iPad and he can send messages. His settings and mine are exactly the same. I am stumped. Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try restarting and/or reseting the iPad and see if that helps.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions

Latest posts