What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gMail Better Than HotMail With iPad?

TheBigCheese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used HotMail for the past 8 years but have found it quite unsatisfactory on the iPad, both on the web and with the iPad Mail Client.

Anyone agree or disagree?

I have HoTMaiL set up as EXCHANGE and it works about as well as GMail which is setup as IMAP. I do find that HoTMail is a little less reliable lately.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have used HotMail for the past 8 years but have found it quite unsatisfactory on the iPad, both on the web and with the iPad Mail Client.

I have HoTMaiL set up as EXCHANGE and it works about as well as GMail which is setup as IMAP. I do find that HoTMail is a little less reliable lately.

That would be on a PC wouldn't it?

I'm talking about what works best on the iPad.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Having checked in iPad Email settings, I see that Exchange IS an option. I just didn't think to use it for Hotmail.

I'll give it try.

By the way, can you tell me the URL that you used for Hotmail? I have already had trouble accessing Hotmail via Outlook on my PC so I would appreciate any tips that you can provide.

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use gmail on the iPad as exchange too.... I would not even consider hotmail.

Michael

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Having checked in iPad Email settings, I see that Exchange IS an option. I just didn't think to use it for Hotmail.

I'll give it try.

By the way, can you tell me the URL that you used for Hotmail? I have already had trouble accessing Hotmail via Outlook on my PC so I would appreciate any tips that you can provide.

I got it working. I'll see how it works for a few days. I only see new emails, I will have to go back to the web to look at saved emails.

For anyone who wants to know the Server Name when using Exchange is m.hotmail.com.

TheBigCheese

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No, I don't use Outlook to get to HoTMail on my PC as it crashes way too often. I use Windows "Live" Mail.

This is on the iPad that I set HoTMaiL as Exchange.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do you keep typing HoTMaiL? Is it intentional that you are capitalizing HTML?

Most reactions

Latest posts